|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Nell (Armstrong) and Woody (Zegers) are high school students and life long neighbours who have always got on each others nerves: she is an uptight straight-A student and he is a popular football jock. On a field trip to a museum they start arguing in front of the statue of an Aztec god. The following morning they wake up in each others bodies and Hilarity Ensues...
This film contains examples of:
- Alpha Bitch: Breanna, though she's more stupid and shallow than actually malicious.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Nell and Woody, though only after being forced to cooperate with one another. Beforehand all indications are that they genuinely hated each other.
- Black Best Friend: Horse, though he's a bit of a subversion since he turns out to be a Jerk Jock.
- Book Dumb: Woody is a classic example, being a genuis on the football field but a lousy student at best.
- Character Development: Noticable for both protagonists, but especially for Woody, who starts off as a major Jerkass towards more than just Nell.
- The Cheerleader: Breanna
- Dawson Casting: Samaire Armstrong was in her mid-20's at time of filming.
- Didn't Think This Through: Woody's Cunning Plan to get Nell a reputation as being a slut falls apart when Woody realises just who is going to be experiencing the drunken sex.
- Freaky Friday Flip
- Gender Bender: Via a Freaky Friday Flip.
- Girl Posse: Breanna has one.
- Going Commando
- Grammar Nazi: Nell and her father.
- Hollywood Nerd: Nell is played by the really cute Samaire Armstrong who clearly went to the same 'nerd' school as Alyson Hannigan.
- Jerk Jock: Horse, who's a serial womaniser. We're not really given any indications that he's ever been a bad friend to Woody though.
- Meaningful Name: Woody, who evidently wakes up every morning with one.
- Naked People Are Funny: Invoked with Horse, to some extent.
- Not Even Bothering with the Accent: Sharon Osbourne makes no effort to get rid of her British accent even though she is supposed to be as American as the rest of the cast.
- Slap Slap Kiss: The entire premise.
- Trickster: The oh-so slippery Tezcatlipoca.
- Voices Are Mental: When Woody and Nell swap bodies their voices stay with the bodies, but the thoughts of the characters are given as voiceovers in the possessors' voice.
- Your Cheating Heart: Horse cheats on Shanelle constantly.