The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Ending Fatigue: This movie originally ran over three hours with intermission. Even in the two-and-a-half-hour cut usually screened now, this is a long movie and the climax goes on for a while.
- Tear Jerker: Emmeline's talk with the captain. She never wanted to be a part of this huge mess in the first place, is ignored by her husband and mother whenever she tries to speak up (If not being told out right to shut up), she ends up being the first to find where the money is, offers to share half with the captain with the hopes that with her share she can run away somewhere from her family to somewhere nice, only to find out all the other's have found it.
"It was a nice dream. Lasted almost five minutes."
- Unfortunate Implications: The opening theme song includes this verse: "My dear old Uncle Thurman once said French folk should be German..."
- Well, given that almost everyone in this movie is some sort of Jerkass, obnoxious things like that come under the heading of, 'to be expected'.
- Values Dissonance: The argument over splitting the money specifically excludes the women as potential recipients of shares until they complain about it.
- The Woobie: Pike, Monica, and Emmeline for all the undeserved crap they go through. Culpepper too, though he's possibly a Jerkass Woobie.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.