|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Ironwood is a pornographic comic book series written and drawn by Bill Willingham in the 1990s, published in the United States by Eros Comix. It ran for 11 issues. The series was collected into two trade paperbacks.
Ironwood follows the adventures of Dave Dragavon, a juvenile dragon existing only in human form (not yet having matured enough to take full dragon form) who is hired by the beautiful Pandora Breedlswight to find the wizard Gnaric in order to free her from a curse.
The comics are a mixture of Sword and Sorcery and adult humour.
Ironwood contains examples of:
- Church Militant: The Church of Christ Avenger
- Cute Monster Girl: Fantasia Faust
- Deus Sex Machina: Once summoned, demon Hugo Wormfire cannot be returned to Hell until he has been satisfied sexually.
- Downer Ending
- Even the Girls Want Her: Fantasia Faust
- Evil Sorcerer: Sulimon Canto
- Male-to-Female Universal Adaptor: Although here it is mostly a case of the female genitalia of the fantasy races being compatible with human male equipment. The males occasionally have trouble finding the right spot but, once they do, there are no problems doing the deed.
- Mars Needs Women:Dragons are all male, or more precisely asexual in their natural forms and shapeshift into human males in order to seduce human women for the perpetuation of the species. Apparently they enjoy this so much, the rest of their time is mostly spent hunting down most dragon-offspring they can find to prevent extreme overpopulation.
- Mermaid Problem: A lamia reveals why this isn't really a problem in Ironwood.
- Mother-Daughter Threesome: Bishop-Major Simon Passover manages one.
- Multi-Armed and Dangerous: What first mate Tif became once her skin was disintegrated.
- Multi Armed Multitasking: Tif makes full use of all four of her hands while having a threesome with a jinn and a crewmate.
- One-Scene Wonder: Tif is a definite fan favourite, despite making only one appearance (and dying at the end of it). Bill Willingham has said that he has had more requests for sketches of Tif than any other character from the series (probably due to interesting physical appearance).
- Porn with Plot: Ironwood combines a standard fantasy quest storyline with hardcore sex. The writer Bill Willingham even commented that, at times, it was hard to insert each issue's obligatory sex scene without breaking the flow of the story.
- Robosexual: If golems count as robots, then Pandora Breedlswight's relationship with Fantasia makes her one.
- Sex Bot: Fantasia Faust is an iron golem. After serving her creator's original purpose of ridding his land of faeries, he found other uses for her, including as a lover. She is enchanted with illusions so complete that a person can be ravaged by Fantasia without ever realising that she isn't made entirely of soft, warm, forgiving flesh, and subtle but effective neuromancies to entice anything with a steady pulse to desire her.
- Stripped to the Bone: Happens to Tif.
- Two-Person Pool Party: Bishop-Major Simon Passover has sex with a mother and daughter at the same time in a sunken bath.
- Wizard Did It: Uh, duh.