|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Iron Liz is Linkara's former real-life girlfriend and occasional co-operator. She reviews primarily Tabletop RPGs, but she appears also in vlogs of her and Linkara playing Card Games such as Yu-Gi-Oh! and Sailor Moon in You're Such a Card...Game!. She recently started a companion series called Card Dregs, which features weird and bad Collectible Card Games.
Liz was formerly a party member of Spoony's Campaign, in which she played a Cleric, and now she is the DM of an AD&D campaign with others from TGWTG and Lord Kat's stream. The first few sessions were not streamed or put online, but Iron Liz has started putting them on her blog. A wiki for the campaign is here.
Tropes associated with Iron Liz include:
- Action Girl: Iron Liz would like to introduce you to her two friends. -ahem-
- Dark Action Girl: Judas Liz.
- Almighty Janitor: Her latest Real Life paying job. She likes it (a lot more than her old job as a store clerk, at least).
- Badass: Her weapons of choice are two swords named Twinkle and Icingdeath. She kicks a lot of robot ass with them.
- Battle Couple: Linkara and Iron Liz, as proven in the Ewoks # 9 review.
- Be Yourself: Harvey Finevoice's advice to her in Ewoks #9, when she was trying too hard to fill in for Linkara. She took the advice and has been herself ever since, to the delight of fans. (Well, except when she's being other people, but that's to be expected.)
- Bifauxnen: Iron Liz passes off as rather androgynous at first glance, and her voice does not help matters much, but upon closer examination her gender makes itself known.
- Bi the Way: Openly has discussed ex-girlfriends on Twitter.
- Borrowed Catchphrase: "RPG history you don't care about but need to know in order to understand this!"
- Break the Cutie: She was a huge Star Wars fan, getting into it through the second edition of the Star Wars RPG. Then, slowly, the movies started to literally cause her mental duress leading up to her playing the third edition of the Star Wars RPG. According to her, that was the straw that broke the camel's back.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: She was a major part of Linkara's Atop the Fourth Wall cast when they were together. Her absence since the end of their relationship has not been acknowledged in the show's plot.
- Compensating for Something: Iron Liz notes the extremely long silencer in Chain Gang War #1.
- Cosplay: Happens in her reviews, e.g. in Star Trek uniforms.
- Crossover: Iron Liz joined forces with Obscurus Lupa to review the unintentionally horrifying children's movie Gooby.
- ... and later on, Liz roped Lupa into reviewing mermaid horror B-movie She Creature with her, as payback.
- Does Not Like Guns: Possibly. When battling Lord Vyce, Linkara has his Magic Gun, Harvey Finevoice has his Tommy Gun, 90's Kid has his chaingun, Ensign Monroe has his phaser, and Iron Liz has...swords.
- Fan Service: Her second Card Dregs certainly delivers, which she lampshades.
- Furry Fandom: A skunk in her Ironclaw review.
- Heavy Metal: Her music of choice. (Her name is a Shout-Out to Iron Maiden, after all.)
- Instant Awesome, Just Add Ninja: The Ninja-Style Dancer shows up out of nowhere in her review of Chain Gang War #1 to ensure that the review doesn't fail.
- Official Couple: Formerly with Linkara. However, they have broken up.
- Phrase Catcher: Linkara's dry "I have to live with her, folks" whenever she cracks a particularly bad pun in "You're Such a Card... Game".
- Though a discontinued one in more recent times for obvious reasons.
- Pungeon Master: Not on AT4W, but when she appears in other TGWTG streams (especially Jew Wario's), she cracks a lot of puns. Also does this a lot in "You're Such a Card Game."
- Shout-Out: She does Shout Outs to Diamanda Hagan and The Bunny Perspective here.
- Squee: In her premiere episode on That Guy With The Glasses, regarding Bruce Campbell in Evil Dead 2.
- Video Review Show
- Woman Of A Thousand Voices: Her vocal range allows her to pull off both male and female characters pretty well.
- Ironically, her male voices sound quite natural, but her female voices don't work as well.
- Yaoi Fangirl: The fact that she actually enjoyed reading Slash Fic about her ex-boyfriend probably goes a long way to explaining her popularity with the TGWTG fangirls.