|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
A series of X-rated visual novels released by Tinkerbell, featuring art and character designs by Aojiru.
The plot of the first game (simply titled Inyouchuu, released in 2005) centers around Yamato Tachibana and Mikoto Shiratori, two part-time Demon Hunters who are assigned to go to a school and rescue Mikoto's sister Takeru, a co-worker who disappeared while on assignment at the school. After meeting Sui Kayama, an old friend of Yamato's, they exorcise the demons haunting the school.
The second game (Inyouchuu Shoku, 2006) has Mikoto, Takeru, and the newly recruited Sui go to a resort island to investigate a series of disappearances. They discover that the island's owner was tricked into helping a demon gather powerful Demon Hunters to the island so that he could steal their powers and increase his strength.
The third game (Inyouchuu Etsu, 2009) centers around events in Mikoto and Takeru's hometown, where they and Yamato must uncover the secrets surrounding the town chief and Azumi, a demon with connections to Yamato's past.
A fourth game was create in 2015 titled Inyouchuu Kyou.
A fifth game titled Inyouchuu Goku was released in 2016.
All games are rather extreme, so discretion is very much advised. The first three games have two episode OVA series based on them. There are also several tie-in light novels and manga of varying length that cover both the material in the games and original material.
Inyouchuu contains examples of
- Absurdly Youthful Mother: Both Hatsune Shiratori and Kyouko Kokonoe can easily pass off as sisters to their teenage/young adult daughters.
- Action Girl: Most of the heroines apply to this trope, although Mikoto is the most prominent example.
- Baby Factory: Many of the heroines can suffer this fate in the Downer Endings. However, the babies they give birth to aren't exactly human.
- Baby Ever After: Subverted, for most of the visual novels, as the "babies" that the heroines give birth in the Downer Endings are the result of Face Full of Alien Wingwong. However, this is possible played straight in Goku, depending on the ending.
- Bifauxnen: Takeru's character design in the first two games.
- Black Bra And Panties: Takeru wears black lingerie (and a rather daring swimsuit), but this seems more to highlight her status as the single most mature good human in the cast for the first two games.
- Boobs Of Steel: Zig-zagged. Mikoto uses a sword and has an impressive bust, flatter Takeru primarily uses ofuda, while Sui is a Squishy Wizard in more ways than one.
- Cash Cow Franchise: One of Tinkerbell's biggest money makers. The franchise includes the original visual novel, 3 sequels, an upcoming 4th sequel, 3 animated OVA adaptations, and a couple official manga adaptation.
- Different As Night And Day: The Shiratori twins. Mikoto is headstrong, reckless, and easy to anger. Takeru is calm and analytical.
- Dirty Old Man: Yoru, a cat spirit and Mikoto, Takeru, and Yamato's boss, gets this characterization.
- Discontinuity: The OVAs to each other. Also, none of them are canon to the visual novel.
- Downer Ending: The OVAs and the manga feature the girls being enslaved by the Big Bad.
- Face Full of Alien Wingwong: Happens in a number of the bad endings for all three games, and is intentionally used in the third game.
- Gag Boobs: Sui.
- Gender Blender Name: Mikoto is a unisex name, while Takeru tends to be a masculine name.
- Hot Mom: Hatsune Shiratori, Mikoto and Takeru's mother. Goku introduces Kyouko Kokonoe, the mother to Rinko Kokonoe, one the support characters from Kyou.
- Multiple Endings: Many Bad Ends in all the games.
- Naughty Tentacles
- No Canon for The Wicked: Shoku assumes the player got one of the good ends for the first game, while Etsu assumes the player got the best ending for Shoku. In addition, Kyou assumes player got the good ending for Etsu, and the upcoming sequel, Goku, seems to be a continuation of the good ending of Kyou. The OVAs are discontinuous and depict bad ends.
- Only Sane Woman: In the first two games, Takeru seems to be the only good human with her head screwed on straight.
- O-Ring Orifice
- Patient Childhood Love Interest: Sui to Yamato.
- Potty Emergency: Early in Shoku, Sui needs to use the bathroom, but the line is very long. The player is given the choice to either stay in line or go by some out of the way rocks.
- Red Headed Heroine: Mikoto. Takeru also counts even though her hair is more of an orange color. There is also Anyori from Goku.
- Snap Back: In the OVA series. Even though all the OVA series end on a Downer Ending, everything returns to normal in the next sequel.
- Squishy Wizard: Sui, in more ways than one.
- Stripperiffic: Anyori and Kyouko's casual outfits reveal a lot of skin.
- Tsundere: Mikoto (Type 1)
- Who Wants To Live Forever: Ouka and Kikuka in Shoku.