The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: Again, the Hitler Building.
- Designated Hero: Space Chief helps save the kids from the aliens at the beginning, but does pretty much squat after that. He doesn't even get to finish the Neptunians off.
- Of course, as his secret identity he does beat them. In fact, his civilian version is a lot more useful in every respect.
- He more or less becomes "Too Little Too Late Chief" by the end. He shows up after a few dozen buildings have been blown up, probably hundreds dead, and even then, he takes his sweet time actually taking down the ships.
(singing) "Space Chief failed miserably and tried to cover up his shame."
- Dude, Not Funny: The supposedly kid-friendly film uses loads of footage taken from WWII bombing raids (the uncut version even includes footage of an atomic bomb). Best Brains in particular found this appalling; it is the reason why the film's riffing is comparatively harsh.
- Apparently, what really put them over the edge was the infamous Hitler Building.
- Fashion Victim Villain: "Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha...Your costume is ridiculous!"
- Narm: Space Chief's first appearance, the "Roji-Panty Complex", and the classic case of misplaced stock footage where the Neptunians blow up a giant mural of Hitler.
- The Scrappy: Given the lack of parents, and the omnipresence of the kids, they fit this trope as well.
- Special Effect Failure: Space Chief's
bulletproof flying rocketship carcardboard-mockup-finmobile-on-a-first-generation-keijidosha-chassis and the Neptunians' "pirogies of death".
- What an Idiot!: A very average summer storm apparently presents enough of a threat to the electro-barrier that the good Doctor orders that the city's main defense be turned off.
- WTH Costuming Department: One of the few areas where Space Chief actually has a leg up on Prince of Space is the fact that his outfit isn't quite as ridiculous - but it's still very silly looking. Ditto the Neptune Men; not nearly as goofy looking as the chicken men of Krankor, but they're pretty bad.
- When not in their clunky space gear, the Neptunians can be told apart from normal humans by wearing extremely heavy eye shadow and lipstick.
- Unfortunate Implications: The kids are a bunch of misogynists, and the movie salutes them for it.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.