|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Battle of the Planets. For once, Zim is a serious threat to the Earth. Not only does Dib stop him and save everybody, he gets a Big Damn Heroes moment as he does so and even gets a slight pat on the back from one of the other Swollen Eyeball agents.
- Whether you prefer Zim or Dib, "Bad, Bad, Rubber Piggy" could be a Crowning Moment of Awesome for each of them. The way Zim brings Dib to near-death or the fact that Dib was revived and put into a badass robot to get revenge.
- Zim reaches the peak of his awesome in the episode "The Wettening", where he flattens an entire city with a giant water balloon.
- This troper thought Zim's very first appearance was pretty darn awesome. Dude, his leaders don't even have to see him to have the crap scared out of them.
Red: That voice!
Purple: It can't be!
- "Hobo 13" is an amazing Crowning Moment of Awesome for Zim, who not only sacrifices everyone and survives 'til the end, but even WINS in the last fight. All. Alone. Cheating? How about being clever? He outsmarts everyone: horrible leader, all right, but after THAT episode he was my personal god.
- GIR gets a Moment in "GIR Goes Crazy and Stuff", delivering the following Reason You Suck Speech to Zim just before he almost kills him, showing what is lying behind the Cloudcuckoolander facade and why you should Beware the Nice Ones:
GIR: You are no commander. You are a threat to the mission! Your methods are stupid! Your progress has been stupid! Your intelligence is stupid! For the sake of the mission, you must be terminated!
- Zim and Dib's battle in the episode "Battle of the Planets", which is completely literal, as they pilot Mars and Mercury respectively to fight, using the entire solar system as their battleground. Special mention also goes to Zim for catapulting moons at Dib.
- Gaz effortlessly and brutally defeating Zim's mecha in "Nanozim", thinking it was a video game the entire time. And then Dib proceeds to poop Zim out.
- One of the most climactic scenes in the show, how Gaz and GIR are able to sabotage Mimi by connecting GIR via SIR memory chip in "Tak, the Hideous New Girl".
- Dib using a Humongous Mecha to destroy Zim's equally massive rampaging nanomachine exoskeleton in "The Most Horrible Xmas Ever". It doesn't matter that he is an almost perpetual Butt Monkey, this time, he won.
- Another moment for Gaz would be the utter mindfuck she put Iggins through after he cheated to get the last Gameslave 2. It's perhaps the one time we really see Gaz go all-out against someone, and it's both an awe-inspiring and frightening thing to witness.
- Sizz-Lorr is a walking Moment of Awesome. Even his job title is awesome.
Zim: My apologies my FRYLORD!
- For example, his insanely awesome change into his "Frylord" suit (Complete with a multi-panel comic book screen moment), and then chasing after Zim mercilessly in one of the shows best chase scenes.
- Zim's speech to Dib in Bolognius Maximus.
"THERE IS NO CURE! And I'll never make it stop! You might as resign yourself to your meaty fate! I told you you would forever rue the day you messed with ZIM! NOW! BEGIN YOUR RUING! I'll just sit here, and watch." *Evil Laugh with "Meats of Evil" playing in the background*
- Zim signaling for GIR to fire a sandwich out of his head at Dib's head. He fires it so hard that it sends Dib flying through the air and crashing through the wall of the nearest building. Zim then laughs and walks away with GIR.
- In the unfinished episode script "The Trial", it shows tons of never-before-seen footage of Zim's past, such as him pointing out 5 "shmillion" errors in the entire collection of the Irken database 5 minutes after being born, escaping from an underground Irk, killing 2 former Tallest, and a montage of him blowing up planets. One of the planets blew up with him on it. And it was suggested that the planet exploded because he scratched his butt. The best though is the end though, when his faulty PAK is being drained of all data by the Control Brains. However, the filtered data is so completely horrible that the Control Brains malfunction and title Zim as the greatest Irken ever!
- Dib's wonderful life of doom. He fights off a swarm of fighters in space, tears apart the irken flagship with his bare hands, jumps off, gliding into the atmosphere all the way to the ground, riding a stream of lightning, lands perfectly, accepts the greatest person to ever live award before off-handedly blocking the debris of the flagship.
- Except when you get to the end and it was a big middle finger to Dib's delusions of grandeur. Zim then uses a cannon to shoot a muffin at Dib and laughs maniacally.