|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Created by Phil Dunlap in 2005, Ink Pen is a Newspaper Comic about a temp agency for Animated Actors.
The strip is quite savvy, often poking fun at cliches and tropes found in cartoons and comic books as well as broad culture itself.
The Characters include:
- Fritz and Bixby: A dog and a rat who function as the heads of Ink Pen to employ the various cartoon characters. The two have an Odd Couple relationship.
- Hamhock: A pig who'll sell out to anyone to become famous.
- Ralston Rabbit: His high moral values often clash with the children's food products he is hired to endorse.
- Captain Victorious: A squared jawed lazy, dit-witted Jerk Jock Flying Brick superhero. Frequently annoyed by his Reckless Sidekick Scrappy Lad.
- Tyr: Norse God of War who likes to throw his weight around.
- Jenn Erica: The All -Purpose Female Character.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Scrappy Lad spends a week trying go bad to win over Moxie. He and Hammock discuss the trope.
- Comes Great Responsibility: Well sort of...
- Half-Dressed Cartoon Animal: Some are nude, some are half dressed, while others are dressed up head to toe.
- Idiot Hero: Captain Victorious.
- Invincible Hero: Captain Victorious doesn't lose, hence the name. When Ralston Rabbit challenges him to a game of chess to see what happens if he does lose, he still wins. Somehow.
- Love Triangle: Between Moxie, Ralston and Scrappy Lad. Except that Ralston doesn't like Moxie and she doesn't like Scrappy Lad.
- Morally-Ambiguous Doctorate: Mad Scientist "Mr. Negato" admits he was denied his degree.
- Multiple Choice Past: Lampshaded by Ms. Amazement.
- Pluto Is Expendable: Referenced here
- Really Seven Hundred Years Old: Moxie Gumpton
- Shown Their Work: Phil Dunlap did his research on Norse Mythology for Tyr
- Shout-Out: Plenty of comic book references.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Happy Mother's Day