|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Inglip Summoned—The first words of the Dark Lord
On January 8, 2011, the Internet became a channel to dark eldritch forces with designs for our unsuspecting material world.
Lord Inglip is an internet meme started on Reddit, interpreting reCAPTCHA codes as cryptic messages and commands from an Eldritch Abomination. Contrary to the usual feel of such a meme, however, Lord Inglip seems to have more...understandable interests (for varying definitions of the term).
- Affably Evil: Despite its ruthless streak (dissenters are ordered decapitated, pureed, barbecued...), Lord Inglip seems pretty generous to its faithful. It even mourns those who fall in its name.
- Anything That Moves
- Ascend to a Higher Plane of Existence: Hinted at this comic strip that it may have been a mortal in its former life, or descended to the mortal plane for a time in some form. Eventually confirmed.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Despite its fearsome army, Inglip needs no one to defend itself.
- Beethoven Was an Alien Spy: Henry VI, apparently
- The Berserker: Shaskel's followers are like this, possibly.
- Bizarre Alien Biology: Among other things, it feels mammals as emotions.
- Black Speech: Inglip's native tongue, Plasper.
- Blue and Orange Morality / Bunny Ears Lawyer: Lord Inglip commands considerable respect and admiration, but its commands and requests can sometimes be somewhat odd.
- Body Horror: The Mantank is by far the most gory creature the dark lord has ever created. Part robotic tank part human cyborg, it stands several stories high and is made from sacrificed enemies including their souls.
- Brown Note: The word slasessa is Chydrego's weapon of choice. It is more potent if uttered by experienced priests.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Its commands can tend towards the strange and even whimsical.
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: If Inglip breaks from the usual cavalcade of straightforward bodily harm to traitors, it's usually something...very very (warning: kinda NSFW) creative.
- Cult: The Dectrip Faith, the adherents of which are called gropagas.
- Cute Bruiser: The Nyanja.
- Eldritch Abomination: Probably one itself, but it also commands a number of them, including the Lervidan.
- Eldritch Abominations Out Shopping: A major source of its appeal, which takes the edge off of its Evil Overlord tendencies. Inglip often shares details of its day-to-day life, and seems rather pleasant when it's not giving commands or dealing with dissent.
- Embarrassing First Name: Call it Inglinf at your own risk.
- Emotion Eater: ...Maybe?
- The End of the World as We Know It: Unlike most cosmic horrors, this is something Lord Inglip is trying to prevent. According to its word, one of the signs of the end-times would be, interestingly enough, Palin University.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Inglip's wife, Queen Ellinus and the rest of its family.
- Even the Subtitler Is Stumped: Sometimes.
- Evil Overlord: Inglip is also the ruler of its own country called Trathira which tend to have a habit of conquering places.
- Foreshadowing: Once considered an empty threat, Chydrego's promise of the Inglipse is now quite real, thanks to the outcome of the great captcha deity battle.
- Hanson: Three of Lord Inglip's prophets.
- Girl-On-Girl Is Hot / Lipstick Lesbian: saffica necessary.
- Go Mad From the Revelation: Happened to a Gropaga who asked too much about Shaskel
- High-Class Glass: nSIfo is a very polite greeting.
- Humongous Mecha: The Mantank and the Grigan.
- I Love the Dead:
Follower: MASTER, WITH WHOM SHALL WE STOCK THINE HAREM?
Inglip: the Nonalive
- Improbable Weapon User: Aside from the seven falchions, gropagas have been commanded to use the trident-like sclivel and the pailbat.
- Jumped At the Call: Poor Estitedo...
- Katanas Are Just Better: Averted. It prefers falchions. Seven of them to be precise.
- Kill Sat: The Beam Scumany.
- Laser Blade: The newest weapon in the Grisidly Army's arsenal: the Xandit Lightsabers!
- Manly Tears: For Garkee.
- Mix-and-Match Critters: The gropagas have a genetic engineering facility which most of the creatures it produces are amalgamations of different animal parts and some odd ones like a living tea pack with Pikachu appendages.
- The Multiverse: Over a hundred realities.
- Mundane Utility: The ability to possess people comes in handy when signing for packages.
- Mushroom Samba: Apparently "cracke" (not to be confused with crack) has this effect.
- Ninja: Lord Inglip has a personal squad of elite ninjas, the Fujin Edersix.
- Pardon My Klingon: Scrompla you, blesag!
- The Power of Rock: Improves morale!
- One of Us: If Inglip were real, it totally would be. (Context for those not in the know, from first to last: Firefly, The Office, Twilight, and LAN parties.) It also seems quite averse to Internet Explorer, and it suggested watching Inception.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Inglip and Chydrego are both eldritch abominations who command mortals to do their bidding through captchas. Inglip prefers direct confrontation and brute force while Chydrego prefers trickery and mind control.
- Rule of Cool: The Saga of Radjumps.
- Rule 34: Lord Inglip's a fan, apparently.
- Squick: Apparently even Inglip has its limits.
- Take That: Against Zalgo.
- Troll: Apparently, Inglip is not above taking potshots at its minions. Or other people, for that matter. Chydrego and his followers also live for this purpose.
- The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny: The Great Battle of Trathira ended up pruning many of the captcha deities that had been cropping up.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: As mentioned above, Inglip is trying to prevent the end-times. Its expansionism and accumulation of people and materiel is likely an effort towards this end. It also works toward Locisi, a time where all can coexist in peace and harmony.
- Xanatos Gambit: Chydrego pulled a masterful one here. No matter who won, he was poised to pick up the pieces, and is now once more the second-greatest threat to the Dark Lord, next to the savage Shaskel.
- Zombie Apocalypse: A source of troops for Inglip's army, along with sharks. And gay ghosts. And Tom Selleck clones.