|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: What a character has equipped isn't visible.
- Straight: No matter what Hiro and his friends have equipped, their appearances never change -- Hiro is always wearing the simple clothes he started with, Marcy is always wearing the same Cute Witch getup, Mana always wears her flowing white robes, and so on.
- Exaggerated: Not only are Hiro and his friends always shown wearing the same things, but this extends to combat -- Hiro's always shown swinging a sword, Marcy wielding a whip, and Mana a staff, even if the menu claims they have completely different weapons equipped.
- Justified: rather than actual individual pieces of equipment, the party is wearing suits that can modify themselves based on plug-ins.
- Inverted: the party members change their own bodies, without ever changing their equipment.
- Subverted: Due to their class type, everyone can only equip clothes and weapons that resemble their basic model. Possible use of Palette Swap to differentiate between different tiers of "shirt".
- Double Subverted: Except for some unique armors which actually do change the in-game sprites.
- Parodied: Hiro starts carrying around a gatling rocket launcher, but everyone keeps acting like it's the same wooden sword he had at the beginning of the game. Marcy doesn't understand it.
- Zig Zagged: While armor generally isn't shown, the party's weapons are visible. In addition, certain characters get extra costumes that change their appearance, but only to reflect that particular piece. Hiro also gets an Important Costume Change to signify his growth into The Hero.
- Averted: Every piece of equipment causes a distinct change in the sprite or model of the character wielding or wearing it.
- Exaggerated Aversion: By striping the party of their clothes and armor, the player can make them go save the world wearing nothing but their underwear.
- Enforced: Hardware limitations make it difficult for the programmers to design and insert different models for every possible piece of equipment.
- Lampshaded: Hiro complains about how incredibly heavy his BFS and Bling of War are. He looks exactly the same as he always has, seemingly unarmed. Marcy looks him over, then gives the player an Aside Glance.
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Played For Laughs: Not only can the player not see what Albert and the others have equipped, neither can anybody else -- including the other party members, who can never remember who has what.
- Played For Drama: ???
Back to Informed Equipment.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.