The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: A character is attracted to someone whose sexual preferences exclude them.
- Straight: Alice is taken with Bob, who is already in a relationship with Charlie.
- Exaggerated: Alice is taken with Bob.
- Justified: Bob had a traumatic experience that explains his lack of attraction to Alice.
- Inverted: Everyone Is Bi.
- Subverted: Alice falls for Bob, but once he introduces her to his boyfriend Charlie, Alice and Charlie hook up.
- Double Subverted: ... But it turns out Charlie was only trying to make Bob jealous, and isn't really attracted to Alice.
- ...Except it turns out they were faking it, and get the next ride out of town to get away from an obvious Yandere.
- Parodied: Alice is a Bob-sexual and Bob is an everyone-but-Alice-sexual.
- Zig Zagged: Alice is rejected by Bob, who tells her Sorry, I'm Gay. However, it turns out that Bob isn't actually gay and has just taken a vow of chastity. Alice is satisfied with a platonic relationship with Bob, until she finds out that Bob has been sleeping with Charlie. Bob apologizes and attempts make-up sex with Alice, who is now dating Denise.
- Averted: No Hugging, No Kissing.
- Everyone is sexually compatible with the person they fall in love with.
- Enforced: The author created Alice and Bob as a way to inform the audience about sexuality issues.
- Lampshaded: "All the Good Men Are Gay."
- Invoked: Denise sets Alice and Bob up for a blind date, regardless of the differences in their sexual orientations.
- Exploited: Bob is in denial about his sexuality, so Denise needs to put him in a situation where he will realize he doesn't like women in order to get him to date Charlie.
- Defied: Alice avoids men who aren't straight or bi to make sure this won't occur.
- Discussed: "Don't feel bad that Bob doesn't like you; maybe he just doesn't like women."
- Conversed: "Poor Amelia, doesn't even realize that Brad is gay..."
- Played For Laughs: Alice is a Butt Monkey who never falls in love with a man who likes women.
- Played For Drama: Alice is heartbroken that her true love isn't capable of loving her back, and is so emotionally crushed that she swears never to love again.
Back to Incompatible Orientation.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.