The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- "No…I was disappointed that you tried." That, plus Hans Zimmer's Crowning Music of Awesome that plays at that moment. So what if it's a false memory?
- Mal's death scene, and Dom's anguish at witnessing it. Again, Hans Zimmer really shines with his music.
- Remember: he had to see her die twice. Imagine having to go through that again.
- "Do you remember when you asked me to marry you? You said you dreamt we'd grow old together." "But we did, don't you remember?" The Once More, with Clarity really hammers it home.
- Cobb on the phone with his kids, especially if you see the scene again after watching the whole film, giving it the context needed. Imagine how hard it must have been for Cobb's children (Miles could've packed them onto a plane to Paris to meet or live with their Dad, but nevermind): they would have had no idea how much torment their parents were in, even though I'm sure they could sense something was not right.
- Grandpa points out that the police in France might still be after Cobb, besides even if the police leave him alone in France that doesn't mean Cobol Engineering will.
- It only breaks your heart in context, but "I don't like trains."
- "Come back to reality, Dom. Please?" It's even more tearjerking if you ascribe to the theory that Mal was right, and the entire film is her performing an inception on Cobb to try to get him to wake up. That may well really be her father begging his son-in-law to return to the real world.
- A retroactive one: the wonderful actor Pete Postlethwaite in his final role as a terminally ill man. Doubly so if one believes the rumor that the actor told Cillian Murphy that his time was up any day now, which caused Murphy to shed those tears for their scene together at the end of the movie.
- The ending scene with Fishcer and his father. Even though This Tropette saw it coming, it still made her tear up.
- "You're waiting for a train. A train that'll take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you. But you can't know for sure. Yet it doesn't matter. Now, tell me why?"
- "Because we'll be together!"
- Also, Mal was facing away from the train while Dom had to look right at it so she would hear him.
- ↑ specifically, the track "528491" off the soundtrack
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.