The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: The superpower to jump further and higher than usual, in lieu of normal flight.
- Straight: Spring-Heeled Jack can leap over small buildings, on a good day.
- Exaggerated: Spring-Heeled Jack can jump from the earth to the moon, and with enough air control to make you question if he is jumping or flying.
- Everyone can jump better than Mario, with no explanation given or needed
- Downplayed: Spring-Heeled Jack can jump a full 3 feet into the air.
- Justified: Spring-Heeled Jack is actually a relatively normal flea, and it would be more alarming if he couldn’t jump.
- Inverted: Iron-Elbowed Jill is so heavy that she can’t jump at all.
- Subverted: Spring-Heeled Jack makes a run-up towards the building, and makes a daring leap… that get all of 2 feet up the wall, which he then climbs like a normal person.
- Double Subverted: He only needed to climb up in order to get to the proper position, after which he launches himself into an impressive sequence of Wall Jumping up the side of 2 skyscrapers, ending in a flip that lasts a full 5 seconds.
- Parodied: After being challenged, Spring-Heeled jack makes and epic jump, and doesn’t land until 3 hours later, at the end of the film.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Deconstructed: Spring-Heeled Jack jumps too greedly, too high: He ends up reaching escape velocity and jumps to his death in the hateful airless void.
- Spring-Heeled Jack landed poorly after his last impressive jump, and breaks both his ankles for the trouble.
- Reconstructed: Before the final fatal instant, Jack flips around and uses the surface tension of the earth’s atmosphere in order to jump off THAT, and return to ground level.
- After taking the time for recovery and proper training, Spring-Heeled Jack has mastered Le Parkour and the proper method for landing afterward.
- Averted: Everyone uses other methods to travel, superhuman or otherwise. No-one jumps around.
- Enforced: Spring-Heeled Jack is the protagonist in a platforming game: not jumping well would ruin the fun.
- Lampshaded: “I just leapt over that building in a single bound. Huh.”
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: Spring-Heeled Jack jumps instead of taking the morning commute.
- Defied: “No one can jump that high without already being able to fly anyway.”
- Discussed: “Old master Jack, how did you learn to jump good?” “Squats, Grasshopper. Hundreds and hundreds of squats.”
- Conversed: “I bet he’s really good at hurdles.”
Leap back to In a Single Bound!
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.