The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
In This World and the Next is a Harry Potter Peggy Sue fic in which Harry and Hermione, having been sentenced to the Dementor's Kiss for killing Evil!Ron, instead find themselves propelled back to the beginning of the first novel. Hilarity Ensues.
In This World and the Next contains examples of:
- Card-Carrying Villain: Ron doesn't seem to have any real motivation for his behaviour in this fic.
- Chickification: Hermione manages to be overpowered by "shit wizard" Ron twice for the sake of Rape as Backstory. That she doesn't otherwise appear to be reduced in power constitutes a major Plot Hole.
- Crapsack World: The original timeline is so bad that letting Voldemort win would probably have improved matters.
- Darker and Edgier: Of course.
- Deus Ex Machina: How Harry and Hermione survive the Dementor's Kiss.
- Distress Ball: Hermione picks it up twice.
- Double Standard Rape (Female on Female) and Double Standard Rape (Female on Male): Implied by the suggestion that making Ron female will stop him from becoming the rapist he is in the original timeline.
- Explosive Overclocking: Harry and Hermione have so much power that they cause the Dementor to explode when it consumes their life force, giving them a second chance at life.
- Facing the Bullets One-Liner: Hermione insults Ron one last time before saying to the dementor, "C'mon big guy, I've been kissed by Ron Weasley so this should actually seem pleasant!"
- Fandom Specific Plot: Harry and Hermione go back in time to fix the Harry Potter story.
- Fantastic Racism: The canonical disregard for Muggle-born wizards is taken Up to Eleven and beyond.
- Fate Worse Than Death: Intended for Harry and Hermione.
- Gender Bender: The consequence of Ron's Groin Attack.
- Gorn: Ron's death scene.
- Gratuitous Rape: As a motivator for Harry and Hermione to kill Ron, it could really have been replaced by any other villainous act.
- Groin Attack: Happens to Ron (repeatedly) in the new timeline.
- Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain: Ron, who can't even hex two Muggles properly, though the "sympathetic" is questionable.
- Kick the Dog: Ron doing this sets the entire plot in motion.
- Made of Explodium: Dementors, apparently.
- Mythology Gag: Hermione's parents are called Dan and Emma, a common piece of Fanon.
- Obligatory Swearing: Ronald Fucking Weasley is a shit wizard.
- Peggy Sue
- Plot Hole: Hermione apparently has enough power to overload a Dementor, but can be overpowered by a "shit wizard". Work that one out.
- Perhaps it's an extreme case of Unskilled but Strong, with emphasis on the former.
- Rape as Backstory
- Rape Is a Special Kind of Evil: The reason "Ronald Fucking Weasley" is reviled enough for Harry and Hermione to kill him and themselves be sentenced to the Dementor's Kiss.
- Revenge Fic
- Sanity Slippage: Watching Harry continually humiliate him, resist his plans and destroy his reputation has this effect on Dumbledore. His sanity starts to slip following Voldemort's defeat, when he declares that Harry must have been possessed by Voldemort, and tries to kill him. By the end of the story, his mental state has deteriorated to the point that he's seeing a baby Fawkes that isn't there.
- Title Drop: "I'll love you forever Harry, in this world and the next."
- X Meets Y: Harry Potter and The Last War of Futures Past.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.