The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Alas, Poor Villain: Yomi, #43 - sort of, anyway. Although she killed the MBI soldiers in her path and threatened Kusano, she was pretty much forced to realise, in terror, just what it meant to fight Shirou, and her defeat is followed by weakly calling out for her Ashikabi. She presumably didn't even realise the severity of her actions, being a Sekirei and all. Shirou is quite annoyed that this trope is in play (given that he doesn't want to pity her after she scared Kuu) but of course Shirou can never stop being Shirou.
- Alternate Character Interpretation: Ironically (and interestingly), Lancer is one of the few Grail War opposing participants Shirou has both a relatively good opinion of and who he doesn't condemn for his actions. Compare those GB reckons Shirou must dislike: Shinji, Gil and Kirei are pretty much his mental ButtMonkeys, the former two so disliked they're the only people he'd not feel sorry for if they had Homura's condition (though in Shinji's case Shirou notes that it would be somewhat of a karmic punishment.); Rider he didn't see enough of to see her good sides; Archer he considers to be trying to haunt him; and for Caster, he reserves a Precision F-Strike. Just ...
- ...try not to think too much about some of these opinions - particularly Shinji and Caster - may or may not contradict canon, because you may get an ulcer, and Gabriel Blessing is not the kind of person who bothers to go back and rewrite mistakes or revise chapters (he didn't even edit the sparse few uses of 'Akizu' instead of 'Akitsu' in Chapter 2 for goodness sake, even though he did correct the spelling thereafter).
- Broken Base: The Twenty-Eighth Wing divided the fanbase between those who thought it was a small slump in quality (having come after a hiatus of four months) and those who consider it perhaps the weakest chapter to date (for various reasons). The story itself becomes that much more divisive as time passes, really - almost anyone thought the early chapters were excellent, but as the particular type of story becomes clearer to them, more of them are dissatisfied.
- The whole "Emiya Clan" deal - either you love it for the Mary Sue Memetic Badass Shirou, or those reasons make it the worst thing that ever existed. Given that even GB has admitted that he tries to avoid Shirou being invincible (whether he succeeds or not is a matter of opinion), there will never be a single opinion about the fan-made concept.
- Colbert Bump: Many Fate/stay night fans didn't know the existence of Sekirei before reading this Fanfic, and vice-versa.
- Darker and Edgier: Darker than Sekirei at LEAST.
- Foe Yay: Shirou and Karasuba. This is probably what caused her to react to him.
- Funny Aneurysm Moment: Miya says that why Shirou can't do something for her to properly punish him. Well, when she finally does so, She's been blasted thorugh a wall by a Fraga clan member and half of Izumo is torn. Could count as Hilarious in Hindsight if you're mean.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Shiina relying on Homura as a male role model.
- Ho Yay: Homura was the first Sekirei that Shirou winged.
- As of the 27th wing, we learn that the male Ashikabi of MBI Disciplinary Squad Sekirei has taken a romantic interest in Shirou; particularly after he learned that one of Shirou's Sekirei is (or is it was, now) male.
- The Internet Is for Porn: Meta example. On the Fanfiction.net Forums, the Fandom has apparently been asking for GB to branch into citrus territory since Chapter 20, judging from the timestamps.
- Mary Sue : Not so much in-story, he is just a skilled man who has a rough time. But in the Emiya Clan fan-stories and the Omakes, the Fandom make him taking several hundred of GAR levels.
- Memetic Sex God: Shirou is one in the making but not officially GAR yet. Just one Tantric Ritual turns a scrapped Sekirei into an official Sekirei.
- Moe: Kusano is absolutely adorable.
- Shirou even lampshades this many times.
- Rescued From the Scrappy Heap: Shirou's previous landlord. In the manga he was a gruff and unpleasant old man, who kicked Minato out of his room almost out of spite. In the Fanfic he turns out to be a relatively decent though still gruffy fellow, giving Shirou a week to find a new place, offering him a job with good pay, recommending him to his fellow landlords, and even paying him more than they agreed on.
- Shipping: Many readers like shipping Shirou/Miya even though - according to Gabriel Blessing - while Miya and Shirou will be getting closer, they will be very good friends at the most, much to the Fandom's dismay.
- The Woobie: Akitsu. Since winging is a "mating ritual", as Shirou put it, being a scrapped number means that Akisu can never find a true "mate" for herself. Considering that the Sekirei believe the person who wings them is their soulmate, this essentially boils down to her thinking that she will never be able to find love. Thankfully, Shirou was there to help her out.
- Iron Woobie: Shirou, and probably Homura as well.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.