The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Awesome Music: "Hide and Seek". "Getting Scared" is chillingly awesome, too.
- "The Walk."
- "The Moment I Said It" and "Shine", too.
- From Ellipse, "Swoon", "Earth" and "Bad Body Double".
- "My Secret Friend", a song she made with Chris Corner of IAMX.
- Wait, no love for Tidal and Just for now ?! Just see this live performance !
- "2-1". It was originally going to be put on the soundtrack of Prince Caspian until it was decided that it was too dark.
- Which is ludicrous, given that '2-1' isn't really dark at all- the music is sombre and the lyrics are mostly philosophical.
- Ear Worm: "Mmm, what'd you say? Mmm, that you only meant well? Well, of course you did!"
- "It's complicated/This time I think it could be/Triangulated/It could be just what we need."
- "It's not meant to be like this/ It's not what I planned at all."
- Face of the Band: When she was in Frou Frou.
- Funny Moments: All of her vBlogs have this, but special mention goes to the 39th blog, where after she informs us that she's finished the album, we get about a minute of her and various other people saying 'She's finished!' in various situations (including painting a wall, lifting weights, and running around the garden with an umbrella.)
- Growing the Beard: Arguably, Speak For Yourself.
- Heartwarming Moments: Her vBlogs, which chronicle both the making of Ellipse and Imogen's renovations of her family home. Hearing the love and pride in her voice as she talks about her house... it's really sweet.
- Memetic Mutation: "Hide and Seek" was played during the climax of a The OC episode. The Saturday Night Live sketch "Dear Sister" parodies the usf "Hide and Seek", and the song begins to play every time someone got shot (which was a lot). Now you can find a lot of Dear Sister parodies on YouTube. There are even fad crossovers: "Mmm WHAT YOU SAY !!"
- One of the few times a Memetic Mutation actually KILLED a song. A lot of people loved this song before it became overused and unfunny. Thanks, internet.
- Mondegreen: A lot of people mishear 'Embers of Love' as 'Decembers of Love' because of the line 'I will remember, these embers of love'.
- Never Live It Down: The only thing people seem to remember her for is the use of "Hide and Seek" on The OC (which was later used on Saturday Night Live for the infamous Digital Short parody). Never mind that it's actually a bloody good song...
- Nightmare Fuel:
- "Rake It In"- there's about twenty seconds in the middle that consists of Immi thumping away on the piano, combined with carnivalesque music and the sound of screams... and when you combine that with the lyrics...
- The beginning and end of "Leave Me To Love". It sounds like a demon got hold of recording equipment.
- Refrain From Assuming: Hide And Seek is not named "Whatcha Say" - that's the name of a Jason Derulo song that heavily samples the song. The song is also not called "Dear Sister" (that one's the name of a SNL sketch).
- Sampled Up: "Hide and Seek" sometimes gets this from Jason Derulo's "Whatcha Say", which heavily uses Imogen's song.
- Tear Jerker: "The Moment I Said It"
- Her cover of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah". "Hide and Seek" was this before it became overused and unfunny thanks to the internet.
- True Art Is Incomprehensible: A lot of her videos.
- The lyrics for some of her songs are complete gibberish.
- The Woobie: The protagonist of "The Moment I Said It".
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.