The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Alternate Character Interpretation: Is Ansaksie a selfless Knight in Sour Armor heroine, a lunatic, a Necessary Evil Knight Templar or a Well-Intentioned Extremist who is going way too far?
- Best Boss Ever: The fight with General Tor. Not only is it the most difficult and intense one in the game, it is fought at the sound of Awesome Music.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: "Aw, just say it out loud, bro." However, you'll only get to see it if you save Dan and get all of the ribbons.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: The entire soundtrack, no question..
- But out of them all, the final boss theme is generally considered the best.
- Draco in Leather Pants: The Tasen in general, really. While there are a few good ones, they apparently contrast so much with the Komato that many, many fans make them out as almost saintly. While they aren't as vicious as the Komato, there's still the problem that they tried to wipe out life on Earth, and that's not touching on all their war crimes in the backstory - what they did to Iosa's planet stands out.
- There's also a surprising amount of people who view Krotera as a Well-Intentioned Extremist doing whatever he needed to do to protect his people. You'd think that the game established well enough that he's a jingoistic tyrant with a Zero-Percent Approval Rating who chose to Alpha Strike Earth instead of making peace with the humans because he could.
- Ansaksie can also be subject to this, although there's a bit of justification in that her more dickish actions are never mentioned in the game.
- While it's rare, despite the fact that the game gives absolutely no reason to like him (and every reason not to), some players inexplicably love Asha, of all people.
- Family-Unfriendly Aesop: Some of the Komato state the logical, if abhorrent, conclusion that since their species is doomed anyways, the Tasen's desperate attempts to avoid their fate only lead to more suffering for all involved.
- Krotera makes the exact same point with regard to humans.
- Game Breaker: The Null Driver is a literal example. Firing it will lead to random changes in crucial data, up to and including changing the size and shape of the level geometry. Fortunately, the changes aren't permanent. Also a straight example as well. Proper use of it allows you to fully level up all attributes by Sector 2.
- Which is why it's only unlocked once everything else is, and has to be reacquired every time you start the game.
- It only lasts for thirty seconds, but Explosive Shotgun buff + Buster Gun (automatic shotgun) = Fully-Automatic, Unblockable, Instant-Hit Explosive Goodness.
- Goddamned Bats: Komato Skysmashers, flying turret guns that dodge around so you can't easily hit them and pack some serious firepower. When they do go down they explode, which hurts you. To quote the game creator, "No-one likes the Skysmashers."
- Memetic Badass: reallyjoel's Dad. After a Youtube user named "reallyjoel" posted a comment on Daniel Remar's own speedrun video saying that his dad could do better, there's been a running joke that reallyjoel's Dad is the best gamer in the world, and that there's a top-secret "reallyjoel's Dad" difficulty mode. Daniel said that reallyjoel's Dad played said difficulty and beat it so hard that it was wiped from existence. However, It's still in the game, and it's as impossible as they say.
- Also, Yukabacera.
- Memetic Mutation:
- PEW PEW
- reallyjoel's dad.
- No one likes the skysmashers...
- "I approach you friendly, and you are firing blue lettuce at me?"
- "You promised me a pony! With missiles!"
- "No missile pony for you."
- That One Boss: Asha, the second time you fight him. While having ludicrously low Hit Points, even lower than you, he teleports around like crazy, dodges every attack except the shotgun and the buster gun, which he considers it cowardly to dodge, and constantly attacks you with his Laser Blade as well as spamming his Plasma Cannon. Fortunately, he's a Skippable Boss on Normal, Hard and Extreme difficulties. Unfortunately, he's not skippable on Ultimortal. That in itself is half the reason Ultimortal is harder than Extreme. Oh, and he's harder too.
- Ugly Cute: Annihilators. Hell, there's an Annihilator plushie in the game.
- The Woobie: Iji, and to a lesser extent, the Diary Writer.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.