The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Terry Crews as the President gets everyone's attention by firing a gun. How does he do this later in The Expendables? WITH AN EVEN BIGGER GUN.
- Hype Backlash: There seems to be a certain type of Know-Nothing Know-It-All who makes comparisons to this film for everything they see as a "dumb" societal trend, such as the continued popularity of Michael Bay movies. This scares some people away by making the movie seem very preachy and Anvilicious when it's really just a goofy, high-concept comedy running on the Rule of Funny.
- Idiot Plot: Justified. Only the two characters from the past are of even average intelligence. Even then, Joe is naive and not a natural leader.
- Misaimed Fandom: Quite a lot of people take this movie very seriously, pointing to the general stupidness of modern pop culture as proof that this movie is a totally accurate prediction of the future. In fact, there's a good chance you first heard about this movie through those people. Hilariously, those people are idiots.
- Memetic Mutation: "Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded."
- MST3K Mantra: Apparently, there are people who watched this movie and thought it was being as serious as Red Dawn, which, as we all know, was a documentary.
- Same goes for people nitpicking about how it would take longer to get the electrolytes out of the soil, how come people can still ride motorcycles/play guitars/etc.
- Nightmare Fuel: Comedy though it may be, the dystopia this movie portrays is utterly horrifying in its believability.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.