|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
- A Warriors Heart: Connor, the protagonist, responds with this when asked if he's ready to play in the game.
- Lampshaded in Ocean's Thirteen:
Ocean: "Are you ready?"
Benedict: "I was born ready." (Ocean waits until he turns away, then rolls his eyes at the cliche)
- Big Trouble in Little China
- White Lightning (1973)
- Just Friends (2005):
Chris: You ready to do this?
Samantha James: I was born ready, bitch!
- Blade: Trinity:
Dracula: Blade, ready to die?
Blade: I was born ready, motherfucker!
- A variation of this occurs in the film adaptation of Astro Boy.
Dr. Tenma: Son, are you ready?
Astro: I was made ready!
Tsunaron: "Are you ready?"
Kay-Em 14: "I was built ready, baby."
Varl: I was born ready. Well, actually, I was born horny; I didn't get ready until I reached puberty.
- Subverted in Spaced:
Tim: Are you ready?
Mike: I was born ready.
Tim: Yeah, but are you ready now?
Mike: Errrm.... Yeah
- Subverted in Chuck: "I was born ready," "I was born premature."
- And again "I was born re... well, no, I wasn't born ready, but I'm ready now."
- Used in The Incredible Hulk episode "Stop the Presses".
- Appears in the Knight Rider episode "Knight Moves".
Red Mage: "I was born ready."
Fighter: "I was born naked and screaming."
Black Mage" "If all goes according to plan, you'll die like that too."
- Dr. Insano says this in episode five of Kickassia.
- Grif, official slacker of Red vs. Blue :"I was born to take it easy." The advertise for a T-shirt with the quote actually says:"Never again be confused as the kind of person who was "born ready" or "born yesterday."
- Bender in Futurama, "Raging Bender": "I was built ready!"