|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: Someone wants to be amazing.
- Straight: Alice want to be a princess.
- Exaggerated: Alice wants to be a princess Mary Sue Idol Singer, actress and Hot Amazonian Beauty whom even the girls want.
- Downplayed: Alice would like a little more excitement in her life, but not all that much and she won't go to extreme lengths for it.
- Justified: Alice is The Woobie, and constantly gets picked on for no reason. That sounds familiar...
- Inverted: I Just Want to Be Normal
- Subverted: Alice says that she dreams of having more power, but she then reveals just wanted to get promoted.
- Double Subverted: ...promoted all the way up to supreme queen of the universe.
- Parodied: Alice is a complete God Mode Sue in every way, having more powers and money than Superman and Scrooge Mcduck put together. She constantly complains that she wants to be special... by which she means she wants a pretty, new hat.
- Deconstructed: The real reason Alice wants to be special is because she's envious of Beth, a pretty, popular, perfect princess.
- Alice has horrible self esteem issues. Even if she were to become special in some way, she would just want to become more special, or even kill anyone she thinks might become more special than her.
- Reconstructed: Alice works on her self-esteem and realizes she's pretty cool too.
Back to I Just Want to Be Special
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.