|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
On his thirteenth birthday, teenager Vinnie Q gets the best present ever- a live, talking robot! He and his new rocket, called Rocket become best buds and embark on a number of crazy schemes along with Vinnie's two other friends Gabby and Rainbow. Together they form the July Club as all three kids were born in July. However trouble comes in the form of the three school bullies-known as The Duckies- who would do anything to get Rocket for themselves and are always happy to give Vinnie a wedgie.
- Abhorrent Admirer: Frankie Duckie has a crush on Vincent to his dismay.
- Adaptation Displacement: It was originally a 24 page long children's book by Matthew Zurbo, which was very different from the show in many ways.
- The Chick: Gabby.
- Cool Car: Crystal built herself her own talking car.
- Devil in Plain Sight: The Duckies.
- Doting Parent: Ma Duckie dotes on her three kids. But woe betide anyone else...
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Rainbow.
- Gadgeteer Genius: It seems Crystal got the "science gene" from her dad, not Vinnie. But Professor Q hardly notices this and spends most of his time with Vinnie.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: this series is a joint between Taffy (Moonscoop), which gave us Code Lyoko, and Nickelodeon. This trope is a given.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Vincent's Italian VA is freaking Ash Ketchum. Which makes the fact that his sidekick is called Rocket a lot funnier.
- Hippie Teacher: Vice-Principal Stern. This makes him the Butt Monkey for several of the show's gags.
- Idiot Hero
- Idiot Plot
- Innocent Panties: Frankie in "To Wedgie or Not To Wedgie". From behind, it's revealed she's wearing laced-trimmed, pink panties under her dress, in the scene in which Vincent's double is trying to decide if he should give her or her brothers a wedgie first. In another scene, when Frankie gets a wedgie, her panties stretched to and partly worn on her head then also have red spots on them.
- Instant Awesome, Just Add Ninja
- Jerkass: The Duckies of course, but Vinnie is no stranger to the trope. It is amazing how he still has friends after some of the stunts he pulls.
- Large Ham: Vincent Q, we're looking at you. Prone to long speeches about his and Rocket's new motivations-Every.Single.Episode.
- Local Hangout
- NonHumanBestBud: The titular Rocket.
- No Indoor Voice: Frankie Duckie has a voice that grates the ears.
- Only Sane Man: Gabby and Crystal.
- Power Trio
- Refuge in Vulgarity: invoked in an episode, where the most disgusting and vulgar student would get a free vacation on a luxury cruiser, where he/she would be taught good manners. Obviously, Vincent only hears about the "luxury cruiser" part.
- Tsundere: Frankie Duckie.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: Nobody ever comments on a talking rocket coming to school everyday...
- The Unfavourite
- Warped Aesop: Forms the majority of every episode. For example:
ProfessorQ: "Don't you want to be popular, Vinnie? Being intelligent makes you popular, don't you want to have friends?"
Vinnie and Rocket: [Pause.] [Burst out laughing] "Oh good one Dad! Everybody knows that being smart doesn't make you popular. It makes you a geeky-nofriendshaving-lame-oh."
- Why Do You Keep Changing Jobs?: Ma Duckie seems to work wherever she can spoil her kids and inconvenience Vinnie.