|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
- Basic Trope: Naming one's private parts.
- Played Straight: Bob calls his penis Dick
- Exaggerated: Bob calls his penis "Vlad The Impaler."
- If Bob's penis is named Dick, then his left testicle is Jane, and his right one is Spot.
- Bob has named every part of his body.
- Bob's penis is treated as a separate character.
- Justified: Bob's penis has a distinct personality and it would be awkward to call it just "it".
- Inverted: Bob's penis names him.
- Alternatively, Alice comes up with names for her breasts and/or vagina.
- Subverted: Charlie asks Bob, "Have you named your penis?" Bob says, "No."
- Double Subverted: But his girlfriend gives it a nickname anyway.
- Deconstructed: This could be an Embarrassing Nickname, especially if referred to in public.
- Reconstructed: Bob keeps the nickname secret.
- Parodied: Bob has a conversation with his penis. Bonus Points if it actually talks back!
- Lampshaded: "And my not-so-little friend, Dick..."
- Zig Zagged: When asked by friends, he says it hasn't really got a name. His girlfriend has a name for it, but he refuses to accept it. Then he finds out it is cool to name one's penis, and decides to adopt the name his girlfriend came up with after all.
- Averted: Bob has no name for his penis or his testicles.
- Enforced: The script writer wants Bob to say something about his dick, but he's not allowed to use "penis" or "dick" so he talks about "Little Bob."
- Invoked: All of Bob's friends are doing it, so he thinks, I'll do it too!
- Defied: Bob thinks this is immature and refuses to do this.
- Discussed: "Why do men feel the need to name their cocks?"
- Conversed: "Hmm...Vlad the Impaler is too much...and Bob's too common...I know! How about Dick?"
- Played For Laughs: Bob names his penis Big Dick...and clearly, it is not.
- Played For Drama: Bob undergoes psychological therapy for believing his penis has a personality, hearing it talk and talkig back. This tears all his relationships apart, causes him to lose his job, and makes for awkward conversation at dinner parties.
Back to I Call Him "Mister Happy"
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.