|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
IT-HE Software is a website maintained by Joseph "DOUG the Eagle" Morris, most famous for hosting "anti-walkthroughs" that detail ways to complete popular games while using every single Good Bad Bug in the book, and Sequence Breaking the poor game to death. Accompanying these documents are collections of bizarre, wonderful and memorable tricks to try in the games.
The games tortured on the site include:
- Ultima VI, Ultima VII, Ultima VII Part II, Ultima VIII, Ultima IX. Also Ultima V: Lazarus, a remake of the original game made as a Game Mod for Dungeon Siege.
- System Shock and, to a lesser extent, System Shock 2
- Deus Ex, Deus Ex Human Revolution
- Arx Fatalis
- Thief: The Dark Project and Thief II: The Metal Age
- The Elder Scrolls III Morrowind and The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion
Spoilers abound around the site, obviously, so beware what you read.
Among all the anti-walkthroughs and the nasty tricks one can spot the following:
- Alt Text: Shows up on some of the pictures for additional funny commentary.
- Artifact Title: Morris hasn't been making any software for a long time now and the site, once meant to showcase his "company"'s works, is now primarily for the anti-walkthrough pages.
- Diary: The Arx Fatalis walkthrough includes "Am-Shaegar's Diary", about his attempts to figure out the Good Bad Bugs that permeate his universe.
- Don't Try This At Home: At the beginning of the System Shock page.
- Epigraph: Morris loves his quotes.
- Epileptic Trees: Pondering just what the protagonist of System Shock is.
It seems we are looking at a hacker with 13 foot long, boneless tentacles that snake across the ground but are unable to support their own weight.
- Since then, Morris has decided that the hacker is, in fact, a betentacled incubus from Dan and Mab's Furry Adventures.
- Furry Fandom: Joseph Morris himself, apparently, which shows up a bit throughout.
- Fusion Dance: The Deus Ex walkthrough suggests that Jock and his Black Helicopter merge into one being at one point (since they're never seen separately afterwards, and share a voice actor).
- Good Bad Bugs
- Heroic Comedic Sociopath: Pretty much every protagonist becomes this.
- Sequence Breaking / Script Breaking: That's the point.
- Sociopathic Soldier: The Deus Ex walkthrough makes JC Denton into an explosive-obsessed, suicidal, murderous maniac with a "full-blown psychosis".
- Shout-Out: Plenty of these, from famous movies to obscure songs.
- Something Person: Cat-Dude.
- Terse Talker: "Am-Shaegar's Diary".