|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
A low budget sci-fi movie made in 2010. A ship transporting a dangerous prisoner crash lands on a harsh desert planet. The survivors must overcome the elements in order to bring in their escaped prey, but who exactly is the one being hunted?
Plays many of the conventional Space Opera tropes straight, right down to the Star-Warsey music.
This film provides examples of:
- Alien Sky: A big red planet floats overhead.
- Aliens Speaking English: Averted in-universe. It just sounds like English to the audience.
- Artificial Intelligence: Clea, Centauri 7's handheld computer.
- Batman Gambit: On the part of the prisoner.
- Bounty Hunter: One drops in partway through to capture the prisoner for himself.
- Dwindling Party: There are initially four surviving guards, but only one remains by the halfway mark.
- Hunting the Most Dangerous Game
- Faceless Goons: The soldiers are this until their suits adapt them to the planet's environment.
- Insistent Terminology: The alien bounty hunter prefers to call himself a soldier of fortune.
- Last of His Kind: The escaped prisoner.
- My Country, Right or Wrong: Centauri 7's attitude.
- Off-the-Shelf FX: The weapons used in the film are all modified NERF guns and accessories.
- The rifle is really a Recon CS-6 assault rifle.
- The pistol is a Maverick REV-6.
- The welder/cutter is a Nightfinder.
- The Reveal: The guards are actually aliens, and the escaped prisoner is a human.
- Ribcage Ridge: Wouldn't be a desert planet without one.
- Scary Dogmatic Aliens: The blue-skinned aliens transporting the prisoner.
- Single Biome Planet: The desert variety.
- Xanatos Roulette: First they're trying to stop the prisoner, then it turns out it was useless. THEN he grows a heart to spare their planet. But, oh, not really, it was just a decoy. But the bomb ship ISN'T actually launched yet.