|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Here are the monster's little toys. Once they were little girls and boys.
Bunch of kids (and one guy they picked up) are stranded on an island as their boat hit rocks and sinks. That's too bad, as the island is inhabitated by a deformed killer who starts hunting them for food.
This film contains the examples of:
- Axe Before Entering
- Blind Without'Em
- Chase Scene
- Child by Rape: How the killer was conceived.
- Closed Circle: The island.
- Creepy Basement: Ida's son was raised in it.
- Dead Person Impersonation: Sandy tricks the killer by pretending to be his mother.
- Developing Doomed Characters
- Diary: Ida's diary works as an exposition for our protagonists.
- Don't Go in The Woods
- Every Car Is a Pinto: When Nick drives boat on rocks, it immediatly catches on fire and blows up.
- Evil-Detecting Dog
- Final Girl: Sandy.
- Hooks and Crooks: Nick grabs a hook to defend himself.
- Horror Doesn't Settle for Simple Tuesday: The prologue shows Ida being raped during a Labor Day cocktail party.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice
- Impending Doom POV
- Intimate Healing: Donna attempts to do this on Bert.
- Jerkass Victim: Nick
- Kill It with Fire
- Laser-Guided Karma: The exact moment when Tom is done raping Ida, her father's dogs attack and kill him.
- Ms. Fanservice: Donna.
- Neck Snap
- Once Is Not Enough: "I killed him. It's all over." Nice knowing ya, Eric!
- One Word Title
- Peek-a-Boo Corpse
- The Stoner: Nick.
- Time Skip
- What Do You Mean It's Not Awesome?: The way the trailer keeps ramming the title down our throats.