|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The basic plot was this: Hulk Hogan and a few other wrestlers (Junkyard Dog, Captain Lou Albano, Andre the Giant, Wendi Richter, Superfly Jimmy Snuka, Hillbilly Jim, and Tito Santana) fighting against other wrestlers (Roddy Piper, Iron Shiek, Nikolai Volkoff, The Fabulous Moolah, Big John Studd, and Mr. Fuji).
Due to how long it takes to animate a cartoon (let alone 26 episodes), the show was often behind on the times and ended in 1986. It's also worth noting that none of the wrestlers returned to play their animated counterparts, instead using well-known voice actors of that particular time.
- Celebrity Toons: An early example.
- Corrupt Politician: One of the episodes contain this as the lead antagonist.
- Did Not Do the Research: Some characters remain on the same side even after they switched sides. Also Hulk has a full set of hair (he was balding in real life).
- Drives Like Crazy: The Iron Sheik & Nikolai Volkoff. This leads the former to ask why the latter can have a license.
- It's actually quite simple. Volkoff took his drivers test on frozen Siberian wasteland. There's nothing to hit for a thousand miles!
- Driving Test: The Iron Sheik went through one in one episode.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: The fact that your only way to see it is through YouTube puts it into that category.
- There WERE some home video releases, but they are long out of print.
- Minion with an F In Evil: Subverted somewhat. The wrestlers on Roddy Piper's side can be competent; but it's not often.
- Not Quite Starring: The Wrestlers themselves did not appear outside of the live action segments.
- Off-Model: This was a DiC series after all.
- Pro Wrestling Episode: It's self explanatory.
- Recycled in Space: uses the same good-defeats-evil plot of practically every other 80s action cartoon.
- Schedule Slip: As explained at the top.