The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
"How To Kill A Mockingbird" is a 12 minute-long Flash movie made by Anthony Scodary and Nico Benitez. It centers on a book report of To Kill a Mockingbird made by a little boy who Did Not Do the Research, leading to Crazy Awesome results.
Tropes used in How to Kill a Mockingbird include:
- Abnormal Ammo - The guns on the pirates' laser swords shoot other swords.
- Achilles Heel - The only way to kill a Mockingbird is by hitting it with the moon.
- Alternate Character Interpretation - And how.
- Detonation Moon - It's the only way to kill a Mockingbird.
- Deus Ex Nukina
- Did Not Do the Research - In multiple ways. Intentionally. The kid writing it only read the first chapter.
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs
- Everything's Worse with Bears - Bears that are on fire.
- Everything's Even Worse with Sharks / Flying Seafood Special - The pirates ride on the backs of flying sharks.
- That are on fire.
- Giant Flyer - The Mockingbird is a giant cyborg-bird monstrosity with two heads, one of which is that of Pat Sajak, and blades like those of a helicopter.
- And it's on fire.
- Cold fire
- And it's on fire.
- Imperial China
- Incendiary Exponent - The sharks and bears are on fire, and the Mockingbird is on "cold fire".
- Instant Awesome, Just Add Ninja
- Kill'Em All - Surprising, no?
- Laser Blade - The pirates' laser swords with guns on them. The mockingbird can shoot lightsabers out of its mouth.
- Lens Flare - The flying pirate ship has a lens flare and motion blur, which is mentioned by the narrator.
- Made of Iron - The pirates can survive falling a million feet to the ground below, because they're pirates.
- Magical Negro - The mysterious slave woman.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot - Quite possibly one of the most over-the-top examples ever made.
- Ominous Floating Castle - Which doubles as a time machine.
- Our Presidents Are Different - They're actually ninjas who transformed themselves into presidents. Wait, not presidents, I meant volcanoes.
- Pyrrhic Victory - The mockingbirds are apparently defeated, but almost everyone dies.
- Robotic Reveal - Scout is actually a robot guy.
- Rule of Cool
- Rule of Funny
- Sky Pirate - Boo Radley and his crew.
- Smoke Shield - Not only was the mockingbird unharmed, it had grown another head, which was even bigger-looking.
- So Bad It's Good - Intentionally.
- Sound in Space - But they really didn't care at that point.
- Space Pirates - The pirates go into space for the final battle.
- Stuff Blowing Up
- Time Travel
- Time Skip - There is a nine year time skip during the ninja vs. pirate battle.
- Trope Codifier - Given how old the short is, it could probably be this for Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot.
- Visual Pun - Dill is played by a pickle.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting - The ninjas transform into dinosaurs, fireballs, volcanoes, and presidents.
- You Fail Linguistics Forever - The book "How to kill a Mockingbird" is written in "African".
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.