|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Now don't tell me none of you laughed during the downhill sled ride to Whoville at the beginning.
- If you can listen to one verse of "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch" without at least cracking a smile, you must have garlic in your soul.
- All of the interaction between the Grinch and Max. All of it.
- Most of the visual gags during "You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch", especially when the Grinch rounds up a bunch of globe ornaments by playing pool with them.
- The Grinch hating everyone in Whoville in alphabetical order. When this troper saw the Grinch going through the phonebook, this troper thought: This is the reason the movie is 90 minutes longer than the special.
- Crash-testing the Grinch's sled, especially afterward:
The Grinch: (staggering away from wreck of his sled) Airbag's a little slow...(Air bags deploy)...but that's what these tests are for!
- When the Grinch is debating on whether or not to go to the Whovilation:
The Grinch: The nerve of those Whos. Inviting me down there - on such short notice! Even if I wanted to go my schedule wouldn't allow it. 4:00, wallow in self pity; 4:30, stare into the abyss; 5:00, solve world hunger, tell no one; 5:30, jazzercize; 6:30, dinner with me - I can't cancel that again; 7:00, wrestle with my self-loathing... I'm booked. Of course, if I bump the loathing to 9, I could still be done in time to lay in bed, stare at the ceiling and slip slowly into madness. (Beat) But what would I wear?
- The Grinch arguing with his own echo:
The Grinch: I tell you Max, I don't know why I ever leave this place. I've got all the company I need right here. (shouts) Hello?
Echo: Hello, hello, hello...?
The Grinch: How are you?
Echo: How are you... how are you... how are you...?
The Grinch: I asked you first.
Echo: I asked you first... first... first...
The Grinch: Oh right, that's REALLY mature, saying exactly what I say.
Echo: ...Saying exactly what I say... what I say... what I say...
The Grinch: I'm an idiot!
Echo: You're an idiot... an idiot... in idiot...!
The Grinch: (whispering) Alright fine! I'm not talking to you anymore! In fact, I'm going to whisper! So that by the time my voice reverbarates off the walls, and gets back to me, I won't be able to hear it.
Echo: You're an idiot... an idiot... an idiot!
- The Grinch's answering machine:
The Grinch's voice: If you utter so much as one syllable, I'LL HUNT YOU DOWN AND GUT YOU LIKE A FISH!! If you'd like to fax me, press the "star" key.
- How about when he gets a wake up call by singing the Whobilation song?
- His efforts to drown them out are even more hilarious. "Play, monkey! PLAY!"
- And the bit where he's designing an outfit for the Whobilation; he goes to the kitchen and yanks the tablecloth from underneath a pile of metal junk, leaving the pile in place as he leaves. Then he rushes back in and knocks the pile off anyway.
- "It's not a dress, it's a kilt! Sicko!"
- And what's under the kilt when he rips it off? A garter.
- "WE'RE GONNA DIE! I'M GOING TO THROW UP, AND THEN WE'RE GONNA DIE!"
- Once the sled becomes stabilized:
Grinch: (exhaling; calmly) Almost...lost my cool back there.
- The opening scene where he knocks people over with a marble and wreaks havoc on Whoville. He does stuff like go into the post office and switching and throwing letters into peoples' mailboxes, mostly notices for "jury duty" but you can also hear "blackmail", "pinkslip", "chain letter", and "eviction notice".
- The theatrics that the Grinch resorts to trying to scare Cindy Lou Who out of his cave are hilarious. Also, they don't work.
The Grinch jumps off-screen, and then back in wearing a white T-shirt, which he begins ripping apart while screaming.
The Grinch: RUN AWAY, BEFORE I KILL AGAIN!
- The scene when they sled out of control down Mt. Crumpet, fully detailed on the Heartwarming page.