The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Why would someone decide to piece a letter back together if it was torn to pieces? Hell, why didn't Mai throw the pieces/letters out, or, hell, burn them, instead of just apparently keeping them in her room somewhere?
- Something that just bugs me about the sequel that just bugs me: If the author's intent was to create a Fix Fic to hook up Zuko and Katara, Azula and Sokka, and Toph and Aang--all while making Mai as evil as possible--then why would she have said pairings killed off in the sequel? Unless she plans on some epic twist where it turns out they're actually alive, or just hiding as some sort of test of courage for their children, or their children bring them back from the spirit world like how Azula was brought back...there's something about this that just doesn't bode.
- Maybe it's following what the Legend of Korra is doing.
- But she started writing this before Legend of Korra was announced...
- There's a difference between making a Time Skip so large that virtually all of the original cast except for Katara has died of old age, if not other causes, and killing off the pairings before they reach middle age.
- Something about the sequel has been nagging at me (perhaps a separate JBM page is in order?): If the boy of Zutara is aiming to be fire lord, why is he a waterbender?
- Does anyone know where this comic can be found? Anywhere at all?
- Yeah, it's over here.
- Why was Sho in only one chapter? I mean, here's this Badass villain, complete with muscles out the wazoo, awesome ninja skillz that allow him to do a flip when Sokka was only allowed to stand en guarde, and the ability to pull off Villain Teleportation...and she doesn't use him again until the sequel. Come on! This guy needs a sympathetic backstory and more Draco in Leather Pants than you can shake a leg at! And Diaz calls herself an Avatar fan...
- Ensemble Darkhorse my friend. The author didn't care about him enough to feature him more. Hopefully, he'll play a bigger role in the sequel.
- So Mai causes Katara to miscarry by sending her poisoned fruit. Ron the Death Eater treatment aside, how exactly is that supposed to work? I can buy Azula nearly dying from a poisoned-laced knife, but how exactly would she accomplish poisoning fruit to induce a miscarriage? And Katara was what, five or six months along when it happened? Would it somehow trigger premature labour or placental abruption, or...or...I don't know, something?
- Was it explicitly poison that caused the miscarriage? In the real world, some drugs are known to be linked to increased likelihood of miscarriage. There are probably some that are strong enough to guarantee miscarriage, as long as you're not overly concerned about the health of the mother. The author might have gotten the name of the poison wrong, but it's not an unbelievable scenario.
- Even if we could buy that, would that kind of poison be found or discovered at that point in the source material's setting and for that particular purpose? And in a kid's show, they certainly wouldn't be bringing up THAT.
- Women have been using various herbs to induce abortions for centuries, for the exact same reasons why women have abortions today. Hell, there's evidence that the silphium plant went extinct because of sheer overuse of its contraceptive properties. All Mai had to do was find a plant with said properties, lace the fruit with it, and there you go.
- How can Azula feel remorse for crimes she doesn't even remember? As far as she knows, Sokka is just a lunatic screaming at random bystanders.
- I know this comic isn't very faithful to canon, but why was Ozai executed? He may be a Complete Monster, but Zuko's last scene with him had the implication that he would be in prison for the rest of his life, and he's still alive in The Promise.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.