The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
- Basic Trope: A man who takes care of the housework.
- Played Straight: Every morning, Alice goes to the office, and Bob stays home with the kids.
- Exaggerated: Bob wears a frilly pink apron while taking care of his domestic duties.
- Downplayed: Although Bob does most of the housework, Alice also helps out a few times a week.
- Inverted: Every morning, Bob goes to the office, and Alice stays home with the kids.
- Justified: Alice likes her job, but she and Bob feel that someone should be home with the kids.
- Bob likes domestic stuff
- Bob works from home or telecommutes; Alice goes to the office. Since he is home, it only makes sense that he take care of the housework in addition to whatever it is he does in the home office.
- Alice sucks at cooking and housekeeping, but somebody needs to do it. That somebody ends up being Bob, and he is good at it.
- Bob is a single father.
- Subverted: Bob is seen out and about during the day.
- Bob is seen working at a computer.
- Alternatively, Bob is a Bumbling Dad who can't take care of the house
- Bob is challenged or compelled to look after the house for the day, even though that's normally Alice's job.
- Double Subverted: With a small child who is not yet old enough to go to school.
- Zig-Zagged: Bob and Alice agree on interchangeably take care of the kids and house.
- Deconstructed: Bob doesn't have the support of mainstream society.
- Reconstructed: Bob manages to network with other stay-at-home dads, and has someone to lean on.
- Parodied: Bob is seen blubbering over a soap opera after he puts the toddler down for a nap.
- Averted: Alice is the one who stays home with the kids.
- Enforced: "Let's subvert the traditional Dom Com household by having Alice be the primary breadwinner, and Bob be the one home with the kids."
- Invoked: Alice and Bob decide that one of them should be home with the kids.
- Defied: Alice and Bob agree that it's best if Alice does it.
- Alice and Bob decide that with the high cost of raising a child to adulthood, it's better if the household has both their incomes. The kids can be sent to daycare, or a nanny can watch them while Alice and Bob work.
- Alice and Bob either both work at home, or don't work at all
- Alice and Bob have a nanny to watch the kids, a maid to take care of housework, and a gardener to take care of the landscaping. Alice and Bob may or may not be employed, but the point is, domestic work is of little to no concern to either of them.
- Played For Laughs: Bob is a Bumbling Dad who obviously sucks at domestic work.
- Played For Drama: The stress of the job and/or teasing from other guys causes Bob to have a breakdown.
Back to House Husband, where everything is nice, clean, and polished, thanks to Bob!
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.