|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Kei is a lesbian who can't seem to find a girl to be in a serious relationship. Her mom disapproves of her sexuality, so she sends her to an all-boys school in hopes that she'll get married to a boy eventually.
Hilarity Ensues. Well, sorta.
The series is licensed by Digital Manga Publishing under the name The Beautiful Skies of Houou High, though it appears to have been dropped after the 1st volume, perhaps due to Values Dissonance.
Compare to Maria Holic, which has a similar premise but is even more comedic and lacks romance.
This series contains examples of:
- Abusive Parent: Kei's mom hits her and tells her to 'go find yourself a guy like a normal girl would!' in the first chapter. Luckily Kei's dad loves her.
- Adult Child: Kei's mom.
- Ambiguously Gay: It's hard to tell whether Kei's a lesbian, Bisexual, or just confused and afraid of men. It's not as ambiguous if you're familiar with the Japanese stereotype that lesbians are just women who were hurt by men in the past.
- She's shown attraction to females since a young age.
- Art Evolution: Kei looked more masculine originally
- Attractive Bent Gender: Kei, and Merry as well.
- Bifauxnen: Kei
- Butch Lesbian: Kei.. Probably.
- Butt Monkey: Kei
- Clingy Jealous Boy: Yui sometimes physically clings to Kei, and doesn't like her getting close to other students.
- Cure Your Gays: The premise. Like Maria Holic but played dead serious.
- Token Mini Moes: The twins.
- Does Not Like Men: Kei initially.
- Female Misogynist: The mom.
- Gender Blender Name: Kei's.
- Heteronormative Crusader: Several characters.
- Hidden Depths: Kousuke loves Usasy the chibi-stripper-bunny and keeps an Usasy handkerchief on him at all times.
- Hypocritical Heartwarming: Yui is the only one allowed to make fun of Kei.
- If It's You It's Okay: Kirie and eventually Kei towards Yui.
- Incompatible Orientation: Kirie and Yui. Also Yui and Kei until the end.
- I Want Grandkids: Kei's mom, so much that she sends her daughter to an all-boys school to see if she'll become Straight.
- Master of Disguise: Merry, slightly going into Wholesome Crossdresser territory.
- Off-Model: Kei's hand in the bottom left panel. I mean, geeze.
- Papa Wolf: Kei's dad gets a streak of this towards any males that get close to his daughter.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: Referenced to. Characters say that Kei's previous girlfriends only were dating her due to her boyish looks and "Cool Guy" personality, and that they were just caught up in a fad.
- Sadist Show
- Sand in My Eyes: Yui.
- Situational Sexuality: What Kei's mom hopes will happen by sending her lesbian daughter to an all boy's school.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Kei looks a lot like her dad.
- Sweet Polly Oliver: Kei
- Sweet on Polly Oliver: Several characters.
- Too Kinky to Torture: Kirie is a masochist who very desperately wants Yui's attention. And by attention, we mean 'physical abuse'.
- X Meets Y: It's Maria Holic meets Ouran
- Unsound Effect: Used in conjunction with normal sound effects.
- What Do You Mean It's Not Heinous?: Being a lesbian.