The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: The Schnitzel song.
- Japeth the Goat's song, for the most part.
- Complete Monster: Boingo/The Goodie Bandit. Yes, it's hinted he may have his reasons, but his plan was to make people addicted to his goodies just to make himself more successful, and he had no problems running people out of business and literally blowing up their businesses. Not only that, he had no problems trying to outright kill Red, who's just a little girl. He never shows any remorse for any of this, either.
- The makers of the movie did waaaay too well with Hansel and Gretel in the sequel. For starters, they have no stated reason to try and destroy everyone, and are after the truffles to accomplish this, and would have no problem killing Red and pals or even an entire town just to get the snack. they show no remorse over injuring (or even killing) anyone, lampshading how senseless they're acting and laughing about it. Hansel, at one point, comments about nearly destroying a presumably loaded school bus and says he'll kill it next time. Dang, they would make Lotso cry, and have really creepy laughter and Slasher Smile.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Twitchy.
- First Installment Wins: An obvious case seeing that the first movie is a financial success and also well-received by many critics and people alike though most reviews are mixed.
- Flanderization: Though a bit rare in films (and almost unheard of in animated ones), there are exceptions in here.
- The wolf starts out to be more clever than he looks and sports different disguises and even scared Red at one point albeit accidentally. In the sequel however, he seems to be more naive and he only sports one disguise throughout: a white beard and mustache with a top-hat.
- Kirk the woodsman also who was an aspiring actor and yodeler in the first film. And attempting to act like a woodsman. In the sequel, he seems to be more flamboyant and very campy at some points. His attire changes from a normal German lederhosen to a much more sparkly one.
- Funny Aneurysm Moment: The line about how they don't arrest people just for being creepy isn't as funny now that Chris Handly got arrested.
- Misaimed Marketing: Burger King spent two weeks promoting the sequel with Kids Club Meal toys before realizing the movie wasn't even out yet, and wouldn't be for several more months.
- Nightmare Fuel: When Boingo snaps.
- Also, the speed and pitch of the schnitzel truck's chimes are apparently tied in to the vehicle's movement speed like an old-fashioned siren... as we discover after the villains steal it and drive it very slowly up the mountain...
- Hansel and Gretel's Slasher Smiles are quite creepy.
- Tear Jerker: In the fight scene between Red and Boingo, he makes the last hit and knocks Red down. She was almost about to cry afterwards. It may not be THAT tearjerking but you may feel sorry for her.
- Uncanny Valley: Arguably most of the human characters; done deliberately with the German kids who follow the schnitzel truck.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.