|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Honey, I Shrunk the Kids has plenty of funny moments. Such as:
- Big Russ getting impaled with a dart which has super glue on the suction cup, and then being reeled in by Ron.
- The failed attempt to shrink an apple, followed by a quip by Wayne Szalinski:
Wayne: (as Quark the Dog licks his face) On the other hand, we come up with an interesting way of making applesauce.
- The titular kids have just been shrunken and they carry Wayne's thinking couch across the room to get to the door. Along the way, they come across a dead fly. Ron makes a joke about it:
Ron: Hey Amy, your date's here.
Amy: Oh, gross.
- Later, after being thrown away by a frustrated Wayne (long story), the kids come across what looks like a river to them.
Ron: What's a river doing in your yard?
Russ Jr.: That isn't a river, you dope. It could be a stream of dog pee that looks like a river to us.
Ron: Who's swimming?
- the corpse of a bug passes by on the "river"*
Nick: Have a ball, baby.
Amy: I'm not swimming in that.
- Wayne searches for his shrunken kids in his backyard and he shouts to the Boorsteins to get off his lawn.
Wayne: GET OFF THE GRASS! Get off the grass!
Wayne: It's very delicate... the lawn. You don't want to over-water... really.
- Safe to say, it wasn't funny in the kids' P.O.V. Because Wayne accidentally triggered the sprinklers at the time.
- Two of these Funny Moments also double as Moments of Awesome:
- The kids try to bronco-bust a young ant to ride it back to the house, ignoring Amy's protests. Ultimately, Amy is the one who succeeds in taming it by distracting it with a piece of Oatmeal Creme Pie, much to her discomfort. She tries to get the guys to help her, but they are too surprised by her "taming".
Amy: Come on guys, this is your ant!
Ron: Your sister's not bad. For a girl.
Nick: Of course.
- Wayne resuming his search while suspended from a tether. His dog Quark escapes from his leash and spins Wayne around and around until he tells the dog to "drop it" and ends up getting flung to the Thompsons' pool.
Russ Sr.: That guy's got serious problems.
- Mr. Thompson wakes up from Wayne working so early.
Russ Sr.: Oh no, not again. Who does he think he is Mr. Wizard? (sticks his head out the window) SZALINSKI! GIVE IT A REST, ITS SATURDAY! (hits his head on the window)
Mae: Give the guy a break.
(loud bang from the Szalinski's house)
Russ Sr.: I'll give him a break. I'll break his arm!
- This entire scene after Wayne tells Diane his machine works:
Diane: That's great!
Wayne: It's not that great.
Wayne: I shrunk the kids.
Wayne: And the Thompson kids too. They're about this big, they're in the backyard.
Wayne: Threw them out with the trash. (Diane grabs Wayne and freezes as the bell rang) Excuse me. (opens the door with two cops outside) Yes?
Female cop: (notices Wayne's hat with two head lights attached) Did, uh... you report the missing children?
Wayne: There must be some mistake. Ours are in the backyard. Right, honey? (Diane faints) She... she... Thank you! (closes the door, the cops leave)
Male cop: Mm-hmm.
- Russ' lame pick-up line.
Russ: So... you like to dance?
Amy: How do you know that?
Amy: You see me?
Russ: No-- I mean, yes. But I wasn't watching you, I...
- His stupid suggestion to make a rope bridge over the stream of dog pee.
- This moment after Nick and Russ get separated from Amy and Ron:
Ron: I just figured it out. I never woke up this morning and this is all a bad dream.
Amy: Ron, get up.
Ron: You're just a nightmare. When I wake up this morning, my dad and I'll be going fishing.
Amy: I'm warning you!
Ron: (sticks his fingers in his ears and hums with his eyes closed)
Amy: Okay, Ron, maybe you're right. Maybe this is all just a bad dream. But, if it is, then... (twists his ear sharply) ...would this hurt?
Amy: Get up! If you were my brother I sign myself up for adoption.
Ron: I hope your face ends up on a milk carton.
- Wayne climbs on the Thompson's fence so he wouldn't step on the grass. Mae sees him from the kitchen window. Wayne sees Russ Sr. staring at him, so he stops and leans casually on the fence.
- Gloria sees Wayne in a harness above the grass as he searches for the kids.
Gloria: Don, that man over there is flying.
Don: (rolls eyes) Great, Gloria.
Gloria: Donald, I'm not kidding around-
Don: Not NOW, Gloria!
Don: (saw Wayne) Mm-hmm.
- While Honey, I Blew Up the Kid is generally inferior to its prequel, it has its fair share of moments, like where Diane confronts Wayne over what happened to Adam, the titular kid. The look on Wayne's face was absolutely priceless.
Diane: (sweetly) Sweetheart, you can tell me~ How bad can it be? (kisses Wayne)
(Wayne looks very nervous)
Diane: After all, it's not like you've done anything to one of our kids, again.
(Wayne raises his eyebrows, then chuckles)
Diane: (growing serious) Wayne, where is Adam?
Wayne: Well, um...
Diane: Who was that man in the van? (holding up a bigger Big Bunny) And where did this bunny come from?!
Wayne: (still nervous) All right, I confess! I did it!
Diane: Did what?!
Adam: (breaks down the door) Peek-a-boo!!
Wayne: I blew up the baby!
Adam: Mama fall down! Mama...
Nick: How'd she take it?
Wayne: 'Bout like usual.
Adam: Mama sleeping?
- The entire sequence of Wayne, Diane, and Nick trying to tame Adam. Hilarity ensues.
- Wayne and Diane have just retrieved the shrink ray from Sterling Labs in order to get Adam back to normal size. Diane is perplexed on how to get out since it is solar-powered.
Diane: Wayne, this is a solar van. We're inside!
Wayne: There's a switch marked "battery". Just be careful not to switch it to...
(Diane flips the switch, and the van zooms off as Diane screams)
Diane: Hold on!
- The look on Wayne's face after Diane told him to un-shrink the policemen he inadvertently tested the shrink ray on.
- Mandy's reaction after Adam grows even bigger and escapes from the house, leaving an Adam-shaped hole in the wall:
Mandy: There's no way I'm changing those diapers.
- A TV promo which included the scene of Adam about to put the car with Nick and his girlfriend Mandy inside followed by a "gulp" from Adam, make it look like he did eat them.