|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Coach Z, of all characters, gets one in Loading Screens, doubling as a Crowning Music of Awesome. He sucessfully freestyles. About loading screens. This earned him more fandom than any other cartoon before.
- Strong Sad, after abandoning his woobiness, gets a lot, mostly due to his Deadpan Snarker attitude.
Did your terrible computer explode?
Did you get 400,000 viruses?
Um, excardon me, but none of that stuff is cool, Strong Bad.
There needs to be a better word for weird.
- Most of the site as of 2008 thanks to Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People, but especially Strong Bad learning Homsar's language in Strong Badia the Free.
- Homsar scored one in the 2007 Halloween toon, by basically absorbing the Jibblies and sending it back at the painting, giving IT the Jibblies. Of coure, not canon, but still...
- That's ambiguously canon. It's unknown who Homestar was talking about in the following scene.
- The King Of Town got two, both by getting the better of Strong Bad. The first one is a minor, but still pretty cool, line in one of the Halloween cartoons, after Strong Bad makes fun of the Poopsmith dressing up as Lazer Tag. "Ease off, Strong Bad! He's not the one who dressed up as a GIRL two years in a row!" The second one, and in my opinion the KOT's greatest moment ever, is pretty much the entire plot of Strong Badia The Free. For those who don't want to play it, here's the basic story, summed up in all its spoileriffic glory.
- The episode opens with Strong Bad receiving an email from someone named Roy T, asking Strong Bad if he thinks he would be a better ruler than the King Of Town. As Strong Bad replies, the KOT himself suddenly bursts into the room, along with the Poopsmith, dressed in riot gear. He explains about his new email tax - one Creamy Ding Snack Cake for every email sent or received - and that Strong Bad is in violation of it. When Strong Bad refuses to obey the new law, KOT has him put under house arrest, in a way that makes him seem less like a bumbling, ineffectual ruler and more like a ruthless dictator. Strong Bad eventually escapes and decides to make Strong Badia its own independent nation, aiming to overthrow the King Of Town. After conquering most of the other characters' nations, Strong Bad and Homestar lead the Homestarmy on a full-scale assault on the KOT's castle. After hours of ferocious fighting... well, actually, the KOT gives up after about five minutes, and Strong Bad takes over the castle. Discovering that the King has a computer, he checks the King's inbox, only to find an email in the "Sent Items" folder... signed "Roy T." The EXACT SAME EMAIL Strong Bad received in the beginning of the episode. The King Of Town sent Strong Bad that email to TRICK STRONG BAD INTO OVERTHROWING HIM. Because he was tired of being the King. Now Strong Bad has all the responsibilities, while the KOT (now known as the Of Town) gets to kick back and relax in Strong Bad's house. It doesn't last, of course, but the KOT pulling something like this is seriously awesome in my eyes.
- Come to think of it, KOT got another one in Baddest Of The Bands, where he actually (without even trying, and with Strong Bad's "help", no less) UPSTAGED Strong Bad during their performance. The KOT getting the better of Strong Bad seems to be a recurring theme.
- Also, from Strong Badia The Free, Homsar's lines to Strong Sad if the two meet during the Maps And Minions game. For what Homsar usually is, those lines make him sound almost Badass, especially "I'm the long way back from naptime!"
- Homestar's singing voice in Baddest Of The Bands. I never expected Homestar could sing that well.
- Strong Bad defeating TROGDOR in 8-Bit Is Enough. Trogdor, who's supposed to be IMMORTAL. TWICE. Though it's implied that was All Just A Dream.
- Also from 8-Bit Is Enough, Trogdor's introduction is deliberately made awesome.
Strong Sad: It sounds like the fan's broken! You'll have to get it serviced!
Strong Bad: Serviced? Where am I supposed to get FAN SERVICE around here?
The 8-Bit version of Trogdor's theme blares as the Trogdor machine grows wings, legs and a beefy arm and proceeds to chase everyone except Strong Bad out of the room.
Strong Bad: That... may be... the coolest thing... that has ever happened.
- Marzipan, despite being The Scrappy due to her preachy ways, gets a few in Baddest of the bands. And by a few, I mean the two easter eggs where she pummels Strong Bsd.
- But let us not forget she and Cool Tapes was Limozeen's favorite band. And some Crowning Music of Awesome to boot.
- Marzipan beating up Strong Bad was a bit of a small running joke. In Episode 4, Dangeresque 3, Strong Bad has to distract Marzipan to get some of her hair (I honestly forgot the context of this puzzle). When he does suceed in doing that, it cuts to Strong Bad pulling a pencil out of his head (mask?), implying Marzipan practically harshly injured Strong Bad.
- Pom Pom writing, producing, directing and distributing a feature film in the course of a few seconds, using his cell-phone. He then gets invited to the Sundance Film Festival.
- In dragon:
Strong Sad: -holding an advanced drawing of a dragon- "I think I've improved on your methods a bit, too. I employed some chiaroscuro shading, and-
Strong Bad: I'll improve on your methods!! -sets Strong Sad's drawing on fire-
Strong Sad: What? That's not an improvement.
Strong Bad: BWAHAHAHA! Trogdor strikes again!
- In this email, Strong Bad writes the word 'Deleted' backwards in fancy English font and proceeds to punch Homestar, leaving the words on his face.
- A fan got one in the 2009 Halloween Costume Commentary.
(a picture of a man dressed in a costume incorporating sunglasses and a fedora appears)
Strong Bad: I give up. You win. I have no idea what you're supposed to be.
Strong Sad: Well, allow me to explain.
Strong Bad: OH, GREAT!
Strong Sad: He's not simply (a picture of a Pom Pom costum appears) dressed up as a character, or (a picture of a costume of Pom Pom's role in a Stylistic Suck Show Within a Show appears, along with a screenshot) a character dressed up as someone else, or (a costume of Homestar and Strong Bad as Mobile Shrubbery appears w/ screenshot) a character dressed up as something else, or (a costume of a character from a game produced by an in-universe company appears w/ character sprite) a character from a video game, or (costume of Strong Sad's short-lived wrestling persona w/ screenshot) a really cool character dressed up as a super cool guy all the time character, or (costume of a Show Within a Show character w/ screenshot) that "Stave it Off" guy-
Strong Bad: I call him Stave!
(costume of a version of the King Of Town from the past proposed by Strong Bad w/ screenshot)
Strong Sad: Or an alternate version of a character. No, no hohoho! (sunglasses and fedora costume reappears) He's dressed up as an alternate drawing (screenshot of The Cheat) of an alternate version of a character (screenshot of a Show Within a Show character that is a member of The Cheat's species) from the Sketchbook! (screenshot of a sketch depicting said character as a human)
Strong Bad: All right, that is (a) amazing, (b) depressing, and (c) amazingly depressing.
- In stupid stuff, Strong Bad makes a bet with Kevin Grumbles that if Strong Bad can make Homestar say something smart, he gets some Grumblecakes. While trying to achieve this task, this exchange occurs:
Strong Bad: (to self) Maybe if I employ a little reverse psychologies... If I ask a stupid enough question, I'll get an intelligent answer! (to Homestar) I say there, Homestar, butt's twelve by pies?
Homestar Runner: Ooh, yes! I got Strong Bad to say something stupid! The Grumblecakes will be mine! (runs off)
Strong Bad: What?! What the crap just happened?! Is it possible that I was just... outsmarted by Homestar Runner?!