|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
One of the first sitcoms UPN ever aired. Two 23rd century black guys from the ghetto get into misadventures in space. They travel in the "Space Hoopty", a cheap, flying low-rider controlled by a Sassy Black Computer.
This Sitcom, in the name of comedy, ignored most of the known laws of astronomy, including the rule that you can't breathe in a vacuum. It had a very low budget and some people found thought the show came across as somewhat racist. Due to a combination of low ratings, poor reviews from viewers and critics, and protests from the NAACP, the show was canceled after its first season.
Shows Examples Of
- Batman Can Breathe in Space
- The Cameo - James Doohan, as a Scottish guy that hung out in the bar and gave the protagonists advice.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar - They said the name of a female sexual organ on-air.
- In the Future, Humans Will Be One Race - one planet had natives all convert to a give skin color, causing dark-skinned visitors to be treated as a God. They later try using explosives as a god test (but to avoid ending the series, the two protagonists convince them that "GROG" will make them love gods.)
- Laugh Track (abused)
- Sassy Black Woman - Loquacia, the ship's computer (played by Vivica A. Fox before she made the jump to movies)
- Space Does Not Work That Way
- Used Future