The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Actor Shared Background: Patricia Richardson grew up in a military family just as her character Jill Taylor did. Richardson's father, a Naval Academy Graduate, was a fighter and test pilot and later an aeronautical engineer and executive. Her mother was a housewife. The fact Jill Taylor's father also would fly missions was brought up in an episode where Jill discusses her fear of flying with Wilson.
- Contractual Purity: Back in the 70's Tim Allen was arrested for drug dealing and he got his life in order, eventually becoming a successful comedian. Before the show aired a newspaper article tried to drum up a controversy for having a reformed drug dealer as the star of a family show. They responded by telling their side of the story as quickly as possible. Tim Allen also noticed that because of the show more families with young kids would attend his stand-up, so he toned down the adult content. Even today he is largely considered a family-friendly actor/comedian. Unusual for the trope Allen has always been honest and forthright about his past and criminal record, if for no other reason than to be an example of how anyone can turn their life around for the better.
- The Danza: Tim Allen as Tim Taylor.
- Directed by Cast Member: Tim Allen and Patricia Richardson each directed one episode in season eight.
- The Other Darrin: Jill's sister Robin appeared in two episodes and was played by a different actress each time.
- The Other Marty: Jill was first played by Frances Fisher but audiences reacted poorly to her performance in the pilot episode and Patricia Robinson took over the role.
- Richard Karn was nearly this, see What Could Have Been below.
- Real Life Relative: The actress who plays Jill's sister Carrie is married to Richard Karn, who plays Al.
- What Could Have Been: Tim Allen revealed, on a talk show, that he wanted the finale of the show to set up The Reveal that Wilson was a ghost.
- And now he is.
- Fans love Richard Karn as Al, but how would viewers have felt about Stephen Tobolowsky as Glen in his place?
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.