|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Hogan vs. Flair is a comedy CAW League that mainly uses Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth to create shows to post on YouTube. Matches typically just consist of two AI wrestlers (or more) going at it while commentators Joe Lexington and "Caveman" Carl Touretta suffer through the matches and make them entertaining.
The pilot episode is here.
- Acceptable Targets: TNA, mostly. But WWE isn't always spared.
- The Alcoholic: Scott Hall, to a Crosses the Line Twice extent.
- Anime Hair: Fistpasta's....intresting high-top.
- Artificial Stupidity: Lots of it, but sometimes taken Up to Eleven. In one match, Rob Van Dam climbs to the top of a ladder and does a frog splash off of it onto nothing, hurting himself. To clarify, he doesn't miss the opponent he was aiming for, because there is no opponent anywhere near where he lands. Naturally, this is always mocked.
- Catch Phrase: Caveman has a number of one word catchphrases he'll use on commentary at the appropriate moments.
"SUPLEX!" (After a suplex)
- Cloudcuckoolander: Meat Stasiak.
- Enemy Mine: Pretty much everybody versus The Federation nowadays.
- Erudite Stoner: Everybody in Team Weed.
- Fat Bastard: Bubba the DJ. Perhaps Bowling Shirt, too.
- Groin Attack: Multiple instances, but the arguably the worst offender is the created wrestler King Of HotSoup, who spends good portions of his first and second matches kicking his opponent in the balls over and over and over again. He also does it to TF British on the "Cirqus Deliqious" show. It doesn't do him any good.
- Heroic Build: This trope being asoociated with WWE wrestlers is parodied by TF British and his ludicriously muscular self.
- I Am Very British: TF British.
- No Indoor Voice: Caveman.
- One-Man Army: Kevin Nash is this in the "Kevin Nash Burial Gauntlet Match", which parodies the way Nash would book himself to never lose, including a Early-Bird Cameo from H3.
- Overly Long Gag: Can happen every now and then.
- Running Gag: "ANYONE! EVEN YOU! CAN DO A RUSSIAN LEG SWEEP!" Variations on this phrase persist throughout the series any time somebody does a Russian Leg Sweep.
- Though, amusingly enough, Sabu can't do one in Empty Arena 1.
- Shout-Out: Several to Botchamania.
- The Generic Guy: Parodied with DEFAULT, as it says, a default model for Create-A-Wrestler.
- The Quisling: Ric Flair.
- The Scrappy: In-Universe: Some, shall we say, less-then-interesting wrestlers like Hardcore Holly, Val Venis, Billy Kidman, and so on, are often treated with scorn and dislike.
- The Straight Man: Joe Lexington.
- Stylistic Suck: Arguably the whole concept, but especially more apparent in the Empty Arena shows.
- Testosterone Poisoning: Caveman appears to suffer from this.
- Versus Title
- You Wanna Get Sued?: This is the reason why they refer to certain wrestlers by alternate names. For example The Dudley Boyz/Team 3D are called "Team 3rd Dimension", with Bubba Ray billed as "Bowling Shirt" and D-Von called "Camo Pants".
- Other examples are "H3" (Triple H), "Greenich Vince" (Vince Mc-Mahon), "Tits Mc Gee" (Stephanie Mc-Mahon) and "The Wedding Stinger" (Sting) among others.