|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Hitler: Why the hell are you crying Krebs?
Krebs: Göring ate all my fish. The fish was supposed to be my breakfast.
Hitler: OK. I′ll send Göring to Africa then.
Jodl: But you can′t send him to Africa.
Hitler: Why the fuck not?
Jodl: He won′t survive 2 days there!
Hitler: Oh you shiny shit, that's the whole point! I want him to die! Because if he stays alive he will eat us all!
And thus begins Hitler Sends Göring to Africa, a Downfall parody series that spans over three seasons, and is particularly notable for being worked on by many creators/Untergangers. The first season was made by Dumb Fish Parodies, while the second season was also started by him but finished by other Untergangers, and the third season was made by F-A Alexander.
When Göring eats all of Krebs′ fish, Hitler decides to punish him by exiling him to Africa. Göring decides to retaliate by attempting to take over Africa, which soon turns into a battle for Earth. Hilarity Ensues.
This parody features examples of
- America Saves the Day: Not this time. In season 3, NATO forces, including the US military, are shown to be incapable of fighting off Göring′s forces on their own.
- And I Must Scream: It′s safe to assume that this happened to Göring when he got sucked up by Speer′s Unrealistic Black Hole.
- Animesque: Season 3 evokes this trope at times.
- Alternate Universe: Season 3 reveals that there′s a multiverse, and that the Bigger Bad, Reltih Floda, intends to destroy it.
- Apocalypse How: Africa is most certainly devastated by the events of the parody. And had Reltih won, he′d have started a Multiversal Apocalypse.
- Big Bad: Göring.
- Big Eater: Göring.
- Bigger Bad: Reltih Floda.
- Big Damn Movie: Although this parody is divided into three seasons and multiple episodes, it still counts given its big scale when compared to other Downfall parodies.
- Bittersweet Ending: Göring and Reltih are finally defeated along with their robotic forces at the cost of heavy casualties, including Fegelein and the Inglourious Basterds Hitler. In addition, Africa is severely wrecked as a result of the war, with reconstruction in progress.
- Cliffhanger: Season 2 ends with Göring′s revival by a shadowy figure, who is revealed in the season 3 as Reltih.
- Creator Cameo: Dumb Fish Parodies himself in S02EP02. The reason why this doesn′t count as an example of Adam Westing was because the episode is made by Superdumpfback without input from DFP.
- Darker and Edgier: Season 3 is grittier and more violent than the previous seasons, feeling more like a sci-fi war story. It even has the threat of multiversal annihilation.
- Disney Death: Both Göring and Fegelein. In the former′s case, this happened twice.
- Disproportionate Retribution: And needless to say, it backfired horribly.
- Extreme Omnivore: Göring. Wild animals? Fair game. Humans? Still fair game. The Sun?! He very much plans to eat it.
- Evil Counterpart: Reltih Floda, at least to this parody′s Hitler. Reltih himself mentioned that there are even more Evil Counterparts to Hitler, though he′s already killed most of them.
- Fat Bastard: Göring. The trope name is even mentioned by Hitler at least once.
- Gag Sub: Naturally.
- Gratuitous English: The subtitles for season 1, and to a lesser extent, season 2.
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: Göring′s Machinedramon/Mugendramon form.
- Heel Face Turn: After helping Göring in season 1 (and getting shot for his troubles to no avail), Fegelein does this in seasons 2 and 3.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Fegelein chooses to stay behind after activating the Zeus Cannon′s Self-Destruct Mechanism. Considering he was mortally wounded by Reltih before, he didn′t have much of a choice.
- Humongous Mecha: Mobile Suits are featured in the second and third seasons. In addition, both Hitler and Reltih turn into Jehuty and Anubis, respectively during their Final Battle.
- I'm a Humanitarian: Göring. In the first season, he ate five groups of soldiers that were deployed to kill him, and in the second season he intends to eat Hitler and his staff when he captures them and even plans to cook up their remains to be served to his restaurant′s costumers.
- Immune to Bullets: Göring was able to defeat 361 soldiers completely unscathed. Hewel even mentions this trope by name.
- The Man Behind the Man: Reltih in the third season.
- Mecha-Mooks: Göring′s Pantheons serve as his main minions in season 3. He is also revealed to have an automated Dominion ship with RGM-196 Freedom Mobile Suits that operate like Mobile Dolls, along with Einhander-esque drones. Turns out Reltih was the one supplying him with the technology to create the machines to begin with.
- Military Science Fiction: Especially the third season.
- More Dakka: Göring attacks Fegelein with five firearms used simultaneously in their duel, along with a sixth heavy machine gun later on. It doesn′t injure him in the slightest.
- Nazi Protagonist: This is a Downfall parody, after all. This is then subverted in the third season, when Reltih reveals that the Hitlers from other universes were "driven by hatred".
- Nigh Invulnerability: Hitler, Fegelein, Göring, and Reltih. Subverted when three of them die by the end of the series.
- Not Quite Dead: Göring is revealed to have survived from being blown up by a dynamite in season 1. He even lampshades this. Also, Fegelein.
Göring: Bitch please, I survived nukes, poison, missiles and bullets. Of course I would survive a fuckin dynamite as well
- Nuke'Em: Attempted on Göring. It doesn′t work.
- Omnicidal Maniac: Reltih Floda.
- One Steve Limit: Averted. Turns out there are two Hitlers, the other being Inglourious Basterds Hitler. And at the end of the season 3, we see even more Hitlers from the multiverse who speak other languages.
- Politically Incorrect Hero: Hitler himself, per Downfall parody standards.
- Redshirt Army: The German military, which tries and fails to defeat Göring.
- Robot War: Happens in season 3. And the humans are on the losing side.
- Reference Overdosed: From films, games, anime/manga, other internet memes, you name it...
- Rule of Cool + Rule of Funny: Equals this.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge and Take Over the World: Göring′s modus operandi: Rule the world, starting with Africa, and kill Hitler at the same time.
- Rouge Angles of Satin: See Stylistic Suck.
- Sdrawkcab Name: Everything from Reltih Floda′s universe. And yes, there′s a Nielegef Nnamreh.
- Stuff Blowing Up: Special mention goes to the destruction of Göring′s secret cave at the end of season 2.
- Stylistic Suck: The special effects and subtitles were deliberately meant to look cheesy and messy. This is even more apparent in later seasons thanks to DFP′s lack of involvement.
- Super Mode: Göring is able to do this in season 3. And eventually, Hitler and Reltih as well.
- Secret Weapon: Shia LaBeouf in season 1, The Bunker itself in seasons 2 and 3, Zeus Cannon in season 3... quite frankly, there are way too many examples to mention.
- Supervillain Lair: Two of them. The first, Hermann Göring′s Cave of Epic Proportions(because "Doom" didn′t sound good enough). The second, a fortress resembling a fat man that is actually the Harkonnen castle from Alejandro Jodorowsky′s canceled Dune adaptation, designed by H. R. Giger.
- Take That: One that seems to be aimed to the "Do it!" meme involving Shia LaBeouf; after he fails to kill Göring using lasers, Hitler immediately dismisses him.
Hitler: Well, what should we′ve expected? It's fucking Shia LaBeouf! Whoever′s idea that was... HE SUCKS!
- Tanks for Nothing: Tanks are no match to Göring. This is even visualized in season 3 with a battle between M1 Abrams and Jagdpanthers vs. his Mecha-Mooks - the latter wins.
- Those Wacky Nazis
- Title Drop: At the very first episode.
- Unexplained Recovery: Given his later appearances, we never find out how Fegelein survived his execution in season 1.
- Unrealistic Black Hole: Speer opens an artificial black hole in the final confrontation against Göring, which sucks him up and defeats him for good.
- Walking Spoiler: Reltih. You can′t talk about him without spoiling the entire series.
- Weaksauce Weakness: The Pantheons are weak towards water. Specifically, mineral/drinking water. Becomes a Brick Joke when Hitler literally weaponizes water, using them as ammunition, and when Reltih deploys waterproof Variants and Galleons.
- We ARE Struggling Together!: Both Göring and Reltih exchange threats at one point; there′s the implication that either men are intending to betray the other.