Hirokazu Tanaka (田中 宏和) is a video game music Composers who composed the soundtracks of many early games for Nintendo under the name Hip Tanaka, but has been largely inactive in game music since the mid-1990s. He is currently the president of Creatures Inc., which makes the Pokémon trading card game. He has also composed much of the in-show soundtrack for the Pokémon Anime series.
- Pokémon (1998): Only some of the in-show music. Not the main theme songs.
Video Game Music
- Balloon Fight (1984)
- Balloon Kid (1990)
- Duck Hunt (1984, along with Koji Kondo)
- Dr. Mario (1990): "Fever" was the basis of a priceless parody song.
- Earthbound (1994, along with Keiichi Suzuki)
- Famicom Wars (1988)
- Fire Emblem Akaneia (1990)
- Game Boy Camera (1998)
- Gyromite (1985)
- Hogans Alley (1984)
- Kid Icarus (1986)
- Mario Paint (1992, along with Kazumi Totaka and Ryoji Yoshitomi)
- Metroid (1986): This game wouldn't have been nearly as Nightmare Fuelish as it had been without the haunting (at times dissonant) soundtrack.
- MOTHER (1989, along with Ritsuo Kamimura, Akio Ohmori and Keiichi Suzuki)
- Stack Up (1985)
- Super Mario Land (1989)
- Super Smash Bros Brawl (2008, along with many others)
- Tetris (1989): Arrangements of Russian folk songs. Yes, it's all his fault.
- Urban Champion (1984)
- Wild Gunman (1984)
- Wrecking Crew (1985)
- Samples: Theme.