|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
So or so, nowadays you often see Jesus depicted like this. Not just looking the way, but also acting much like it. Because, even in eras when short haircuts, shaven faces, and fancy suits were the norm, the character was always portrayed "looking like a hippie."
- In Battle Pope, Jesus is a hippie sidekick of the titular character.
- The Good Omens fanfic Manchester Lost has Jesus come in as a 'Southern Hippy'. Jesus is even listed as such in the character list.
- Referenced in Red Dwarf, when Rimmer dismisses their "High" selves as hippies.
Kryten: Sir, you think Jesus was a hippy.
- Jesus Christ Superstar portrayed Christ and the Apostles as hippies.
- In the stage play turned movie Godspell, Jesus and his followers are usually shown in hippie-ish or clownish (or both) type clothing...
- One of many fictional Jesus archetypes Hedda and Mammy encounter in Jeff Whitty's play The Further Adventures of Hedda Gabler is like this.
- Takaya from Persona 3 Fan Nickname is hippie Jesus because he is said to bear resemblance to him by some people.
- Not exactly Jesus himself, but quite close - Kunino-sagiri from Persona 4 is seen wearing a stereotypical hippie outfit, complete with the "peace" motif. The messianic resemblances are probably intentional considering his twisted vision of "saving people".
- Used as a joke in You Damn Kid, when the Kid thinks if Jesus makes his second coming he should get a haircut or they'll think he's one of those damn hippies.
- In Evil Diva, he runs a coffeehouse.
- Lucy, Daughter of the Devil has MC Chris, a hippy/DJ second coming.
- One of the apparent goals of the project to expunge "liberal bias" from the Bible backed by Conservapedia is to eliminate all hints of hippiedom from Jesus as he appears in the New Testament. And head asploding in 3...2...