|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Part of an annual Hetalia holiday tradition, the Hetalia Bloodbath 2011 is just beginning, and Germany, Italy and Japan are our hosts, filling your requests and keeping everything calm and collected. Hilarity still manages to ensue. However, a few things are stirring this Christmas night: France is unsatisfied with the way the Axis are handling it, Romania and Hungary may or may not be up to something, and someone is haunting Finland with an ominous monologue...
You can read the scanlations here.
For the 2010 Bloodbath, click here.
Also has its own Memetic Mutation page.
Information about the Hetalia Fandomly here.
Now comes with it's own Steve Wars.
This event shows examples of the following tropes
- A-Cup Angst: It Seems like Taiwan might have this. She seemed to be a bit intimidated by the breast size of the other female western nations.
- Adorkable: Little Ladonia introduces himself with his favourite Pokémon. D'awwww!
- All Just a Dream: China and India fighting about Russia, which turns out to be Lithuania's dream.
- Iceland dreams of a half-naked Santa Turkey and Belgium dreams that Luxembourg is a young boy with expensive tastes (while the real Luxembourg is hiding behind a door).
- Badass Adorable: Ladonia, who somehow manages to pin Sweden to the floor. Admittedly, it's very likely Sweden is acting...
- Beware the Silly Ones: France is surprisingly adamant about a violently bloody bloodbath. Apparently it's a time-honored tradition.
- Buffy-Speak: "Red thing... this hat... this beard... These clothes..."
- Butt Monkey: Germany.
- Censor Box: In the form of crotch bunnies on Grandpa Rome's vital regions.
- Continuity Nod: Japan briefly mentions the 2010 Bloodbath when he says, "Don't tell me... the guys from last year..."
- Spain mentioned last year that he'd like to dress up as Santa with Netherlands. He seems to have gotten his wish.
- Italy, after Hungary talks about female underwear, muses on the difficulties of being a girl.
- Cuba and Italy also make a nod to Hetaween 2011 by talking about Prussia's dance with India, and Germany's suplex on him.
- HRE yells at his people to stop talking over each other and "Only speak in your designated time!" Now who does that sound like?...
- Could Say It, But...: England: "I know a brilliant hotel, but there's no way I'm going to tell you about it. You can find it yourself. The URL is..."
- Collapsed Mid-Speech: Seychelles and HRE, who also has Blood From the Mouth. Poor baby...
- Color Coded for Your Convenience: The fans came up with a series of Color Codes in order to measure the HST and synchronize flipping.
- Culture Clash: Bulgaria nods for "no" and shakes his head for "yes" -- he's been trying to break the habit, but it hasn't been working. Truth in Television; except for the younger generation, this is pretty much the norm in Bulgaria.
- Dirty Old Man: As always, Grandpa Rome
- Drill Sergeant Nasty: Von Steuben!Prussia in the strip with recently-independent America.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Kugelmugel. Many fans were very surprised to find that he is, in fact, male.
- Dynamic Entry: The Allies prepare for one.
- Everythings Cuter With Kittens: A New Year's strip with Neko!Japan and Americat watching the sun rise.
- Fan Nickname: Broceania (for Australia, New Zealand, Wy and Hutt River)
- Fan Service: It's a Hetalia event, where would it be without this? The most obvious example so far is Austria wearing a corset.
- There was a certain number of fans squealing when Australia made his appearance. Shirtless. Fanservice indeed.
- A lot of requests were filled in this event.
- Expressive Hair: France.
- Foreign Exchange Student: THE DAY OF THE COMMSEPTION. CAPTALIA and the Event Comm doing an "exchange program" with each other!
- Foreshadowing: Someone is reciting ominous monologues and pretending to be Finland. Finland isn't happy with this.
- Thailand is shown wearing a bunny t-shirt. In another strip, a bunny head is seen on the blackboard. Then, a mysterious person shows up in a bunny suit...
- Gentle Giant: Sweden. While this isn't confined to the event, we yet again see evidence of his 'Gentle Giant' tendencies in his interaction with Ladonia. He pretends to be scared of the pint sized micro-nation and lets Ladonia tackle him.
- Goofy Print Underwear: Spain has some with tomatoes on them. Or at least, they belong to Spain. Switzerland has them right now.
- Greed: The chibi Italies, who only want Netherlands not to fight Spain so they can keep trading. It's the cutest cardinal sin ever.
- Hypocritical Humor: America.
"Can't you guys be less noisy at other peoples' houses?"
- Large Ham: France, but you already knew that.
"A peaceful, gentle, and tranquil Christmas without a morsel of violence?! They turned our carefully cultivated tradition into nothing!"
- Sorry I Left the BGM On: Himapapa has placed the occasional music button on a page that plays festive music when clicked. Some have played it over and over and much spazzing was done.
- Then, there's Disco Pogo, the default event theme song, on InfiniteLooper.
- A variation happens when viewers on Livestream get caught up in their roleplaying; it gets to the point where nobody is watching the movie except to randomly stop things and listen to the current Disney song, which everyone proceeds to discuss.
- Living in a Furniture Store: It is revealed that Sweden literally does.
- Megane: South Korea.
- Mood Whiplash: A strip set during the American Revolution, where England tells Canada he's writing America a letter to ask him to "stop all this silliness and come back," even though he's sent this letter many times before and America never accepts it. Suddenly, Canada comes up with a plan to make America read it by bribing him with food, and George Washington tells America "Don't give into temptation!"
- Also, the end of Greece's "Philosopher Mode" speech:
- A magnitude of 7.0 hit Japan during the CST (Central Standard Time) New Years countdown and right before the designated time Himaruya said he would update. Thankfully, there are no reports of injuries, damages, or deaths so far. A few Japanese people on Twitter complained that it happened while they were in the bathroom or preparing for New Year's celebrations.
- This strip has a bunch of German states bickering with each other, in a way similar to the countries in the world meeting from the first episode, with a preteen Holy Rome trying to calm them in a way similar to Germany. Then he starts to cough Blood From the Mouth and collapses in a worried Hungary's arms from exhaustion.
- Mind Screw: Anything to do with Mochimerica. Anything.
- Naked People Are Funny: Grandpa Rome, though he's also unusually handsome.
- Japanese people back in the day walked around wearing only towels, apparently. After this behavior fell out of favor in Japan, he goes to other countries and sees people sleeping naked (Italy), and is very confused.
- Spain somehow losing his pants and his underwear.
- Nightmare Fetishist: Romania is confirmed as one, much to Bulgaria's distress.
Bulgaria: You sure have strange tastes.
- No Big Deal: Apparently, Austria sits on Germany all the time.
- Noodle Incident: "Man, I never would have imagined some yogurt would just fall down at that place!"
- Not Making This Up Disclaimer: Himaruya uses one after a strip about Ancient Rome's "p***s swords".
- Of Corsets Sexy: Hilariously, Austria.
- France too.
- Perky Goth: Unfortunately for Bulgaria, Romania.
- Pixellation: Romania's stories about his boss, Vlad the Impaler, are horrifying enough to need it.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Flying Leaf Bunny, according to England and Norway.
- Not to be confused with Flying Mint Bunny. FLB is a small ball of fluff with big, leafy ears who belongs to Norway. England asked to pet him and Norway agreed. In return, Iggy let him pet FMB.
- Say My Name: Courtesy of Italy: "JAPAAAAAAAAAN!"
- Scenery Porn: Himaruya drops it into his updates occasionally.
- Sexy Santa Costume: Turkey shows up in one. In Iceland's dream.
- Sitcom Arch Nemesis: Hungary and Romania. They never miss an opportunity to glare at each other.
- Enemy Mine: What they'll end up being if they're responsible for the plot, as the WMG goes.
- Schedule Slip: The event was originally set to end at New Year. It lasted more than just a little longer.
- Ship Tease: a few of the moments under Ho Yay probably count. Italy sleeping on Germany's lap, Estonia making Latvia smile, England giving America chocolate...Romano running around with Spain's PANTS.
- Elsewhere, Liechtenstein's reaction to meeting Kugelmugel -- "Aah, cute! ... I heard that you were a cute person, but you're absolutely adorable!"
- And now Seborga/Monaco, as she agrees to go on a date with him... if he beats her at poker. He loses, but she goes out to dinner with him anyway!
- Hungary approves of Austria wearing a corset and talking about underwear.
- Cuba taking care of a half-collapsed Seychelles.
- Shipper on Deck: Apparently, Liechtenstein likes it when Switzerland meets and talks to Austria.
- Ship Sinking: Variation; the fans tend to react this way whenever Himaruya enters Code Red.
- Shout-Out: "I am the internet country Ladonia! My favourite Pokémon is Stunfisk!
- In-universe: Korea claims he was about to defeat The Black and White Knight of Darkness, the Big Bad in the drama CD Hetalia Fantasia 3.
- Sleep Cute: Italy sleeping with his head on Germany's lap.
- Stock Underwear: Pretty much literally; there are at least two strips on the history of underwear.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: Romania and Hungary aren't planning anything.
- Tempting Fate: Oh, Finland. Didn't you learn anything from last year?
"It looks like this year's Christmas will be a good one!"
- The Bet: Monaco wants Seborga to beat her at poker. Once he does that, she'll go out with him all he likes. He loses, but she goes out with him anyway.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: For Romans, naked men and p*nis swords. Germania disagrees.
- Voice Changeling: Japan, according to Germany. He does a spot-on impression of Italy.
- When She Smiles: Latvia.
- Woolseyism: In-universe -- America's Santa Claus, cutting out the scary elements of the European tales.
- Young Entrepreneur: The Italy brothers don't want Netherlands to go to war because then he won't be able to trade with them.
- Belgium was apparently a better merchant than Netherlands when they were little.