|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
"This is just crazy, crazy I tells ya!"
A Sims 2 Alphabetacy by junebug13.
The story is a great homage to the Harry Potter books, with all the characters in the main line named after characters, major or minor, from the Harry Potter universe. It tells of a family founded by a Simmified Hermione Granger, a family that grew and expanded to flourish in the desert community of Sahara Valley.
The tropes used are:
- Alphabetical Theme Naming: Duh.
- Alternate Continuity: The "Mama" and "Sleep" songstories, apparently.
- Angsty Surviving Twin: Inigo after Imago's death.
- Anti-Love Song: Seb and Helena's "I Don't Love You" duet.
- Author Avatar: The Simself of the author has made cameos and is shown to be in regular contact with the family; she was even a guest at Gabi's wedding.
- Back From the Dead: Elladora, as a zombie.
- Draco and Demelza, back to save the Legacy.
- Blind Seer: Cassandra and Imago (for a time).
- Brainy Brunette: Inigo is a male example.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Imago is one of a non-romantic variety. She gets extremely angry when Inigo begins to "drift away" by dating Vanessa and telling her he is/was a Seer.
- Daddy's Girl: Faith.
- Deadpan Snarker: A lot of the characters have their snarky moments. Surprisingly Inigo can do it pretty well, often out of nowhere.
- Death by Despair: Helena. Almost.
- Disappeared Dad: After Dolores and Calvin split up, Calvin basically falls off the face of the earth and he and his daughter Elladora haven't spoken since she was a little girl.
- The Ditz: Mimi.
- Dreaming of Things to Come: Inigo's visions come to him in dreams.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: After a helping of angst and problems and plot, most characters achieve this.
- Emo: Helena like woah. She gets better.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Mimi is by far the most popular Granger, taking precedence over all other heirs, spouses, and spares.
- Eye Scream: When Imago makes the eye trade. * shudder*
- Expository Hairstyle Change: Helena's hair becomes bedraggled on two occasions when she gets depressed.
- Fighting Your Friend: Gabi fights Abbey when her plot to do away with Gabi's husband comes to light.
- First Kiss: Fred and Audrey had one which was a big deal:
Audrey: "Oh, Fred! Fifty first dates and you never kissed anyone?"
Fred: "I was waiting for you."
- Sometimes the first kiss is a big deal, sometimes not; Inigo and Vanessa's was a whole scene, for example, while the rest of the generation got one picture just to prove it happened.
- Genius Book Club: Inigo is described as an avid and fast reader of just about anything.
- Happily Adopted: Lyla, Isla's adopted daughter.
- Happily Married: Most couples in the story end up as this.
- Except Isla and Samuel.
- I Just Want to Be Special: Imago's almost over the bend in her efforts to be special.
- Interrupted Suicide: Helena tries to jump a balcony, but Mimi and Harry step in.
- It's Not You, It's Me: Inigo to Vanessa.
- It Always Rains At Funerals: Imago's funeral.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Inigo realizes that because he's immortal, he can't be with Vanessa and so breaks up with her, despite her being his first and only love.
- They get back together when Inigo gives up his Seer powers.
- Like Father, Like Son: Harry takes a lot after his father Almeric.
- Love At First Sight: Fred falls in love with a girl who walks by his house as a kid. It results in a lifelong search for her, despite not even knowing her name. Eventually he's united with Audrey. Cue happily ever after.
- Inigo and Vanessa.
- Love Before First Sight: Fred to Audrey.
- Love Hurts: Oh, it does.
- Manipulative Bastard: Cassandra.
- Or, alternately, a psychic Chessmaster.
- Why not both?
- Or, alternately, a psychic Chessmaster.
- The Matchmaker: Abbey tries to be one for her brother and her best friend Gabi. Gabi already has a boyfriend.
- Mood Whiplash: Helena goes from miserably suicidal and broken-hearted to furious to back in love in the space of one evening. Love does crazy things to you...
- Chapter 42 starts off fairly normally, showing the happy lives of most of the spares, until it snaps to the situation with Imago, who has gone missing and is refusing all contact.
- My Beloved Smother: In futile efforts to prevent the children three prophecy from occurring, Gabi becomes an insane smother to her children.
- Never Got to Say Goodbye: Inigo to Imago.
- Never One Murder: Daisy kills seven of her nine other siblings.
- Non-Identical Twins: Most of the twins born in the story; Charlie and Celestina, Demelza and Draco, Ginny and George, Inigo and Imago. Curiously this obeys biology's rules on fraternal twins. The one pair of twins in the main line who were somewhat identical were Dolores and Druella.
- Noodle Incident: Lampshaded. Apparently Inigo and Imago had one off-screen:
Inigo: "What sort of secret? Is it like that time with the noodles--"
Imago: "No! And you promised we'd never speak of that again!"
- No One Could Have Survived That: Some fans are of this opinion with Imago.
- Portmanteau Couple Name: Almost every couple featured in the Legacy gets one. Generation I's names for example: Vanigo (Vanessa/Inigo), Ignivy (Ignotus/Ivy), Dougperius (Douglas/Imperius), Isluel (Isla/Samuel, until they broke up, that is), Knoxlynn (Knox/Kaylynn), and Foliver (Faith/Oliver).
- Prophecies Are Always Right: They are.
- Prophecy Twist: Gabi's prophecy had an entirely different interpretation from how she saw it. Her overbearing nature to prevent the prophecy from coming true led to it coming true. Inigo's last vision, which he interpreted to be a warning that his immortality would interfere with his relationship with Vanessa, it had another meaning, referring to Imago's untimely death.
- They All Said We Never Could Be Happy: Harry and Bella.
- Seers: Cassandra, Inigo and Imago.
- Shout-Out: The whole story is basically an epic shout out to Harry Potter. But there are several others as well.
- Shrinking Violet: Eileen.
- Vanessa is a milder version; she's more socially awkward and nerdy while Eileen was a true shrinking violet.
- Single-Minded Twins: Inigo and Imago for some time.
- Theme Twin Naming: Inigo and Imago's names are taken from one character, Inigo Imago. And of course, all main line twins have alliterative names because, y'know, Alphabetacy.
- Spares who have twins often get hit by this too. Reducto and Reparo are named for spells that are the opposite of each other, with Reducto breaking things and Reparo fixing things. Expecto and Patronum, Avada and Kedavra, and Wingardium and Leviosa are all named for two-word spells.
- Twin Banter: Draco and Demelza in particular do this, and Inigo and Imago did when they got along.
- Twin Desynch: The split between Inigo and Imago is symbolized by Imago dying her hair blue.
- Twin Telepathy
- What Does She See in Him?: Gender-swapped for Harry and Bella. Virtually everyone-Harry's sisters, Harry's parents, Harry's sister's boyfriend, Bella's parents-wonder what Harry sees in Bella for some time.
- Who Wants to Live Forever?: Inigo realizes how much immortality sucks.
- Technically all the spares are left to live on, but it's not the same.
- Unto Us a Son and Daughter Are Born: Draco and Demelza and Inigo and Imago.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Imago.