|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Helloween, sucking MOST of the tension out of the atmosphere for 4 years running, and that's why he's awesome.—A comment on Youtube describing Helloween4545 perfectly.
Helloween is a British LPer who focuses around the Survival Horror genre of gaming (He provides the page quote for it). And he does so as a complete Cloudcuckoolander who plays with zombified dogs, names any shotgun type weapon 'Mr Shotty', and is prone to an occasional psychological episode once in a while. He also has named a few monsters (who hasn't?) and described horrible things that happen to a man named 'Bob'. His main weaknesses are ladders, and locked doors.
- American McGee's Alice
- Call Of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
- The Suffering: Ties that Bind
- Dead Space
- Penumbra: Overture
- Penumbra: Black Plague
- Silent Hill Homecoming
- Splatterhouse 2
- Alien vs. Predator 2 (All Campaigns)
- System Shock 2
- F.E.A.R. Extraction Point
- Alien vs. Predator 3 (All Campaigns)
- Metro 2033
- Amnesia the Dark Descent
- F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate
- Silent Hill 3
- Dead Space 2
- Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines
- Alice: Madness Returns
- Condemned: Criminal Origins
- Nightmare House 2
- Clive Barker's Undying
- The Darkness II
- Cry of Fear
- Alan Wake (Ongoing)
Tropes that apply to him and his videos:
- Angrish: When really frustrated he'll start speaking gibberish for a short while.
- Made hilarious(er) when it's sped up, and he sounds like an angry chipmunk.
- Alternate Character Interpretation: Played for Laughs in his LP of Silent Hill 3 in which he makes comments about Heather Mason being a secret crack addict.
- Done again with his newest Let's Play of Cry of Fear. Simon is also a drug addict. He also references Heather.
- Because of Point Man's ability to slaughter endless waves of mooks and survive basically survive anything prompted Helloween to dub him 'FPS Jesus'. The Sergeant from Perseus Mandate wasn't quite as cool, so he was dubbed 'FPS Moses'.
- Instead of merely 'collecting' birds in Condemned, Ethan Thomas instead has a voice inside his head that compels him to eat them.
- We can now add Alan Wake to the list. He sneers at just about everything that does not please him.
- Badass Long Hair: According to himself.
- Berserk Button: "CRYPTIC BULLSHIT!"
- He also has this reaction when dealing with "fake brits" (i.e. people impersonating British accents...poorly.)
- At the end of L Ping Clive Barker's Undying and hearing the stock phrases of 'STUCK' 'JAMMED' and 'WON'T BUDGE' a million times, he developed a few issues about doors.
- After scaring the bejesus out of him in the first F.E.A.R. game: "GODDAMN NINJAS!"
- Chew Toy: Is there a way to die horribly? Bob has experienced it.
- Cloudcuckoolander: I would guess someone is one if they talked to corpses and pretended they talked back, as happened in Dead Space 2, at the end of the first set. Not that it's a bad thing.
- A lot of his fans think his survival horror focus has scared him well into insanity.
- Continuity Nod: He tends to make a lot of references to his older LP's.
- Death by Falling Over: Occurred frequently in Cryostasis due to Alexander's feeble legs.
- Happens to Helloween often, courtesy of his archnemesis, ladders.
- Fan Nickname: As mentioned above, Helloween has nicknamed a few enemies. Biggest examples are Mr. Flappy (Amnesia) and Mr. Satan.
- The "frog people" from Condemned but in set 12 he eventually renamed them because he felt they didn't deserve the title because they were so annoying.
- 'Mister Spindley' from the F.E.A.R. games.
- In Alien vs. Predator 2, the facehugger, xenomorph and predator were all named Bob, Bruce and Preston respectively.
- Harpoon Gun: He's been favoring the Javelin Gun as of late in Dead Space 2. To the point where it was used more frequently than the Plasma Cutter. It's also the weapon he upgraded the most... which makes it his murder gun, pretty much.
- I Call It Mr. Shotty: As mentioned above, he has a habit of naming just about any inanimate object he comes into contact with, such as his best friend Mr. Shotty the shotgun.
- Only Sane Man: Bob took this role in Dead Space 2, where he points out the stupidity of having only ONE power cell separating them from painful Necromorph death and suggests another one be placed in a more secure location. He is ignored. Granted, it wasn't THAT easy to reach but place a Unitologist up there...
- Running Gag: Every LP has at least one of or references to:
- 'Sounds legit. Let's do it.'
- 'WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOUR FACE?'
- 'Molest, molest!'
- The aforementioned unlucky bastard Bob.
- Death by ladders.
- Ammo conservation, or lack of it.
- Snake impersonations.
- Skeletor impersonations.
- From the Dead Space games:
- "Pimp stance! Glorious pimp stance!"
- "STOMPY STOMP! Aw yeah!"
- Sanity Slippage: As the running gags from other videos increase the less sane he seems, culminating in the 'talking to corpses', and his somewhat...sociopathic behavior.
- Shotguns Are Just Better: Overlaps with I Call It Vera. A lot.
- Shout-Out: Multiple. For example, several of the voices Ethan hears in Condemned are He-Man, Skeletor and Super Kami Guru.
- Skewed Priorities: Perhaps the best example comes from Penumbra in which he entered a room covered in blood, gasped, and immediately focused on a boot
- Talkative Loon: The 'voice' he seems to have picked for his LPs see Cloudcuckoolander.
- They Killed Bob: A typical example:
Russian Scientist: How was zee reactor Bob?
Bob: I'M MELTING!
Russian Scientist: Ah, he is melting, it is working awesome.
- The Scrappy: The Darkling Imp starts out as this, due to his 'hillarious' english accent, prompting Helloween to kill him when he can. Later on though...
- Rescued From the Scrappy Heap: Eventually, he manages to earn some of Helloween's respect.
- Weapon of Choice: Mr. Shotty
- You Are Fat: Towards Issac when he's wearing the Vintage RIG in Dead Space 2. He also tends to rag on overweight characters a lot.
- ↑ stuck, jammed