|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Heartstuck is lesbians with a chance of homosexuals. Or to be more precise, an Interactive Comic in an Alternate Universe of Homestuck where all the trolls are human and they go to different all-boy and all-girl schools. One stars Kanaya Maryam, who has just applied for the academy and the other presumably uses Gamzee Makara as the protagonist. Adding to this, it all takes place in a Dating Sim, with the constructs and a saving system and everything.
Can be read here, but you may want to read the mirror to avoid incredibly large amounts of off-topic discussions.
This work includes examples of these tropes:
- Ascended Fanboy: So far, three fans have had cameo roles. insaneYanish, Destruction Dragon 360, and The Mather1.
- Affectionate Parody: Of Dating Sims.
- Blatant Lies: Kanaya continues to act "platonic" towards all of the other students.
- Boys Love: The point of the Prosperse Academy portion of the adventure. Unfortunately, Gamzee sucks at his game.
- Dating Sim: It's a parody of the genre.
- Dirty Old Man: Doctor S. Kratch is implied to be this.
- Dominatrix: Mindfang.
- Fan Community Nicknames: Readers are referred to as "Lesbros".
- Furry Fandom: Jade and Nepeta are at the very least on the mild fringe.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Aradia has a massive burn scar on the right side of her face. Also, symbolic scars (resembling the god-tier symbols from canon) have been seen; their significance is as yet unknown.
- Girls Love: The point of the Skaia Academy portion of the game.
- Harem Seeker: Kanaya, of course. She has done platonic things to every girl in school so far.
- Presumably this is what turning on "Sexy Mode" does.
- Activating Hentai Scenes in the options menu will turn it into this. However it won't happen without risk of a banhammer due to the adventure being on a PG-13 forum.
- High School AU
- No Medication for Me: Gamzee decided to skip his meds one day. It ended badly.
- One-Gender School: Skaia and Prosperse Academies, for females and males respectively.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning:
- Shout-Out: Aradia's scar is probably one to Katawa Shoujo
- The Voiceless: Just as in Homestuck, it's Serenity. In fact, even less people can likely understand her because as opposed to flashing a light in Morse code, she literally blinks in Morse code.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Dirk/Bro, probably.
- You Keep Using That Word: "Platonically" has never been more misused.