The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- The whole mod is basically a videogame based on Apocalypse Now and Heart of Darkness only with zombies, so there is a plethora of references to them. Among the highlights:
- "Ride of the Valkyries" plays as Percy flies through the helicopter to the mission through explosions and gunfire... something that, much to the chagrin of some players, is removed from the Napalm Edition.
- The horror... The horror...
- Barney gets decapitated and Kurtz casually drops his head in front of Percy, just like what he did to Chef.
- In Kurtz’s compound, you can actually find a note that is pretty much copy-pasted from the novel itself.
- The Green Beret firebase can be described as a mix between the MASH outpost from the Redux cut of the movie and the Do Lung bridge, in that it is an American base being attacked by the VC and the NVA (not to mention other zombies and American soldiers) in the middle of a rain. A Green Beret soldier even tells Percy that he’s "in the asshole of the world", which is exactly what another soldier said to Willard upon his arrival at the bridge.
- There are also plenty of references to Full Metal Jacket:
- A portion of the game is spent in Raccoon Military Base, where you have to find three different colored crystals and colored keys to progress.
- "Look over there! A three-headed monkey!"
- "Damn I’m good."
- "When there´s no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth", written on a wall by the man who had taken the same mission as Percy earlier.
- "OH GOD! THEY KILLED KENNY! YOU BASTARDS!"
- In the Napalm Edition, one of your commanders says "Stop staring at my secretary, Freeman! This isn’t a high-end videogame where your sidekick is some hot chick you can ogle with a set of binoculars!"
- Likewise, you can play an arcade game of Half-Life 2.
- "But by myself, I can run like Benny Hill."
- "You wanna dance? This is called Rick Rolling, bitch!"
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.