|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
A 1993 film directed by Ron Underwood and starring Robert Downey, Jr.. In 1959, four people riding on a bus and the bus driver get killed in a crash. The bus crashed into a car with a woman going into labor. The bus driver ascends to Heaven while the other four get stuck anchored to the newborn baby. The baby is named Thomas, and only he can see the four of them. After seven years of being his invisible friends, their effect on him is noticed and Thomas is about to be sent into a psychiatric hospital, so they resolve to become invisible to him so they don't ruin his life.
Come 1993, Thomas is a liquidator at a bank with the ghosts always watching. Then, one day, the bus driver comes back and informs them that their time is up, and they have only a few days to resolve all of their unfinished business.
The four ghosts are:
- Harrison Winslow (Charles Grodin): A singer who couldn't bring up the courage to audition.
- Penny Washington (Alfre Woodard): A woman who never got to say goodbye to her kids on the way to work.
- Milo Peck (Tom Sizemore): A thief who was killed before he got the chance to go straight
- Julia (Kyra Sedgewick): A waitress who let her true love get away.
- Dead Person Conversation: Premise of the movie.
- Distracted by the Sexy: What leads to the accident that kills the four people.
- Not-So-Imaginary Friend: The ghosts.
- Sharing a Body: The ghosts borrow Thomas's body to resolve their unfinished business.
- Tear Jerker: Watching the four spirits say goodbye to Thomas as a child.
- Unfinished Business: Each of the ghosts has some.
- Visible Invisibility: The ghosts are invisible to the other characters (apart from Thomas), but the audience can see them just fine.