|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
The Hasbro Comic Universe (also called the Hasbro Universe or the Revolution Universe) was a Shared Universe that ran from 2016 to 2018 that incorporated most of IDW Publishing's Hasbro licensed comic books.
And no, the comics of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic were not part of the Shared Universe because of how cosmically dissimilar its tone is compared to all the others (though a nod showed up every now and then). Other Hasbro franchises that were referenced, in one form or another, include:
- Action Force. Elements of it, most prominently Baron Ironblood, frequently showed up in various series, G.I. Joe in particular.
- Air Raiders. The setting of Airlandia was mentioned by Bludgeon as a possible beachhead for galactic conquest.
- Army Ants. The eponymous characters showed up as one of G.I. Joe's various foes.
- Dungeons and Dragons cameoed as a game that Snake Eyes and Helix played while imprisoned.
- Furby. Several of them cameoed as objects swallowed by a T-rex.
- Inhumanoids. The monsters were to be the baddies in G.I. Joe Vol. 5 but were swapped by the Fatal Fluffies due to rights issues. Years later, the human heroes, though sporting trademark friendly new names, starred in Rom: Dire Wraiths.
- International Movie Maker. J.J. Hackensack showed up to collaborate with Thundercracker on movies.
- Mastermind. Mentioned to be a popular television show in the HCU.
- Pound Puppies. Mike Power's dog Smarts was physically based on Lucky's appearance in the 2010 cartoon with Word of God establishing that Smarts was Lucky's ancestor.
The HCU concluded after Transformers: Unicron in 2018 with seemingly no plans to resurrect it in IDW's 2019 reboots of their Transformers and G.I. Joe comics, though an unexpected anthology/prequel series, Rom: Dire Wraiths, was released in 2020.
Though IDW published eleven years worth of Transformers comics before the Shared Universe was established, these are the ones published during the Shared Universe.
- Transformers Robots in Disguise/Optimus Prime.
- Transformers More Than Meets the Eye/Lost Light.
- Transformers Till All Are One.
G.I. Joe published four volumes of books before being cancelled in 2014. Volume 5 is the only one that is part of the Hasbro Comic Universe.
- G.I. Joe.
- Rom: Dire Wraiths.
- Action Man.
- Rom vs. Transformers: Shining Armor.
- First Strike.
- Transformers vs. Visionaries.
- Transformers: Unicron.