|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- In defense against the Dark Arts Class, Quirrel tells Harry that he must shoot somebody with a hex, or else he would deduct house points. Rather than prove Quirrel right that Harry has a killing instinct, Harry shoots himself.
- When Neville summons Harry to scare off some Gryffindor bullies - who bullied the son of Bellatrix Lestrange, the woman who tortured his parents.
- Chapter 28. Harry manages to rewrite an immutible law of Transfiguration.
- Neville in Chapter 30. "Blood for the blood god! Skulls for the skull throne! Ia! Shub-Niggurath! The enemy's gate is sideways!
- Hermione gloating at the end of the first battle of the armies.
"I can do anything if I study hard enough."
- Also, in Chapter 32: Either Harry Potter had thought of a lot of very good ideas very fast, or for some unimaginable reason he'd already spent a lot of time working out how to fight underwater. Yes, completely unimaginable.
- Neville's complete and utter Ron pwnage.
Ron: Curse you, Longbottom! Can't you ever fight without your dumb special attacks!?
Neville: I don't fight fair! I fight like Harry Potter!
- When Draco finally managed to land a hit on Neville, everybody nearby hit him again just to be sure he stayed down.
- Chapter 34: Professor Quirrell chewing out the wizards for having to be saved by a Deus Ex Machina. From a Dark Lord who commanded only fifty followers, no less. Not that his proposed solution would have been a good thing...
- Chapter 45: Harry Kills a dementor. No, he does not drive it back, he KILLS IT, by completely rejecting what it symbolizes. His patronus is a Homo sapiens sapiens, BTW. Cliffnotes of the awesome.
- For every person that thought "boring cliche golden patronus, this sucks" upon reading this, give it a chance. It's FUCKING AWESOME. It's awesomely justified, fits absolutely perfectly with the explanation given for dementors and simply rocks.
- Merely a Homo sapiens sapiens? This troper likes to think that Harry's patronus was the God Emperor himself.
- Don't forget that his Heroic Willpower is so strong that he eventually learns to ignore the dementor's negative emotions by himself- although he has a tough time telling the difference between artificially-induced self-doubt and the rational realization that something is a bad idea.
- Chapter 39: Dumbledore accuses Harry of wanting the secret of the Dark Lord's immortality in order to use is for himself. Harry's response: "Wrong! I want the secret of the Dark Lord's immortality in order to use it for everyone!"
- "And they continued their journey downward, as the Dark Lord reached into his pouch, and retrieved and ate a cookie."
- What with the author's confessed fondness for a Certain Japanese Franchise. This troper prefers to read this as: the Dark Lord took a cookie. AND HE ATE IT!
- Chapter 58: This. Is. My. Broomstick!
- Goddamn lightsaber battle. That is all.
- Tracy channeling Harry Potter's powers and gluing a large group of bullies to the ceiling. It's safe to say that anyone connected to Harry Potter should not be messed with.
- Chapter 78. The Dragon Army literally defeats the Chaos Legion at their own game. How? "NOW!" bellowed Dean Thomas... "DO WHATEVER THEY DO!"
- In chapter 81, Harry forces Lucius' hand by calling in his blood debt for killing Voldemort, accepts the extra 100,000 galleon fee without hesitation, swears to destroy Azkaban (which makes Dumbledore back down and enlightens the Wizengamot as to who they're dealing with), and forces a Dementor to flee into a corner without casting a Patronus Charm.
(to Umbridge) "I make you this one offer," said the Boy-Who-Lived. "I never learn that you've been interfering with me or any of mine. And you never find out why the unkillable soul-eating monster is scared of me. Now sit down and shut up."