The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Examples of tropes present in the novel:
- Arc Number: 11. After Haroun's mother, Soraya, leaves for Mr. Sengupta, Haroun is only able to concentrate on anything for eleven minutes, as 11:00 was when his mother left.
- Arc Words: "What's the use of stories that aren't even true?"
- Big Bad: Khattam-Shud, the leader of Chup
- Dark Is Not Evil: Played straight with Mudra the Shadow Warrior
- Meaningful Name: A variety of characters and places:
- Alifbay, the country where the actions on Earth take place, means "alphabet"
- Kahani, the name of the Earth's second moon ( and the sad city where Haroun's family is from, as revealed in the end), means "story"
- Khattam-Shud means "finished" or "over and done with"
- Kitab, the general of Gup, means "book" (his soldiers are also called "Pages")
- Mali, the Floating Gardener, means "gardener"
- Mudra is named after a gesture that makes of the language of Abhinaya, which he and his Shadow "speak".
- The Voiceless: Most of the Chupwalas, due to Khattam-Shud's vows of silence, though some may be unable to talk at all.
- Voice for The Voiceless: Rashid becomes this for Mudra, as he understands Abhinaya
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.