|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Hard Hat is a series of fan-made games by Damaged Games. Similar to the original Mega Man, the player has to defeat eight bosses (while obtaining their weapons) before facing off against Dr Wily. In this series, you control the Mascot Mook of the games, a Metool known as "Hard Hat". Each of the games has Hard Hat pissed off at Wily for some reason, and hence makes him want to destroy Wily's ambitions in some way or other (though the two usually reconcile at the end of the game).
Not to be confused with The Hard Hat.
Tropes used for this game:
- Breakout Mook Character: You play as a Metool, the series' Mascot Mook. The second and third games do give him the ability to perform an invincible crouch.
- Elemental Rock-Paper-Scissors: Done in Mega Man fashion, no less.
- Luckily My Hat Will Protect Me: Somewhat averted- your hat is only effective in shielding against regular shots.
- Mega Manning: As the game was based off Mega Man, it's not surprising that Hard Hat is able to get the weapons of defeated robot masters.
- Nintendo Hard: All three games. Then again, they are based of the original Mega Man series...
- Secondary Fire: The third game gives Hard Hat a secondary attack for EVERY weapon.
- Villain Protagonist: Not surprising, since you play as a Mascot Mook. Although he gets pissed off with Wily, the two still reconcile in the end (at least in the first two games). The third game has you fight Mega Man as a boss. And you get to kill him!
- Wave Motion Gun: The secondary attack for the third game's Plasma Shot is this.